Fly Fusion Forums

Ok

Taco

Taco,

I have a frameless Scadden Escape and a Outcast PAC 800. The Scadden is a back up boat whereas the Outcast gets used 90 days/yr. I don't think that the frameless oar system would hack long term use w/o ripping out. Plus the oar lock system would wear out.

Get a PAC 800 or 900 or a IR 9. I use a IR 9 frame and oar system for several years and it works just fine.

Just remember, while you appear to be crusty, you are not yet old. I bought the Outcast for it's 10 year warranty and I'm 68. Buy a decent boat and it lasts.

Frameless boats are a pain to attach anchors, rod holders, fish finders and wheels which at one time are another are used often.

Catch ya'

Don

• Like 1

Bein' a cheapassed dutchman here but anything over 12-15 bills I'd rather spend more of my money on a hard boat that'll hold more than one person and I can also use on bigger water. http://www.hogislandboatworks.com/skiff_specifications.php or http://www.springcreekprams.com/?page_id=69

That Outcast Stealth Pro has a full 5 yr warranty

Taco,

Looked over the Outcast Stealth Pro.

Was right, glued one oar locks and the oar lock itself would wear out.

Something that my Scadden has and Outcast has also is a "stabilizing" bar ahead of the seat. That makes getting your fins above the water on long row tough. I'm not sure it can even be done. And it matters! Those fins are gonna drag like crazy making a long row even uglier. Of course, with dragging fins and lousy oar system, you best join the electric motor crowd and jump the weight of the whole thing by 80 lbs.

For river running where you wear wading boots only the stabilizing bar won't be an issue except you have to step over it to get outta the boat. For safety sake, maybe add a wading staff.

Keep upright,

Don