Fly Fusion Forums

Been Wondering Why

Guys/Gals,

Been wondering why. When Lougheed & Getty retired, they got schools, hospitals, parks et al named after them. Well, Raphie got a swamp named for him. Been wondering why. Do the Conservatives believe that the swamp was appropriate?

You'd think that they might have came up with:

1] the Raph Klien Memorial General Hospital

2] A chair in the U of C for cut and paste to high marks

3] Ralph Klien bottle recycling depot.

4] A school of economics - privatize electrical system and watch the prices fall

5] The Shot, shovel and Shut-up school of Public Health

There obviously is a whole lot of things that should bear Ralphies name.

How about adding to the list.

catch ya'

Don

an annual pie-klein event aka "The see if you can get pie up klein's nose event" or

a dedicated day for abusing legislative pages aka "The I'm an upset baby and nobody listens to me day" or

the construction of a facility where anybody who enters is free to openly poke fun at people who are disabled or

a monthly event where everybody rich goes downtown, gets totally bombed and berates the homeless at their shelters aka "Memorial denigration of the poor day".

those have to make the list.

betcha he had a blood alcohol above 0.00 when he did all that jazz! sorry i don't really know the guy. just think it's funny for the leader of the province to act the way he does. and by funny, i mean really depressing.

sorry, no more politics-talk.

which province doesn't have a provincial sales tax?

oh wait.

i dont agree with everything he did and i didnt live here for most of it but he made the difficult decissions and cut spending and budgets, yes something suffered but on the whole, i'd say alberta is doing better than it was 20 years ago

yeah, but where do you work ;) - dont answer that. :P there in lies the problem. very few people there will ever make more than $16/hr

i'm not in oil and gas and i make nearly 70% more than when i first started (6 yrs ago), not including over time and possible but not guaranteed bonuses.

when i worked at the same place you do, the starting wage was $8.25/hr i have heard recently it was around $12. so in 2 years the wages there have gone up what 25%. not bad considering it is retail, which is usually min wage anyway

yeah, but where do you work ;) - dont answer that. :P there in lies the problem. very few people there will ever make more than $16/hr

i'm not in oil and gas and i make nearly 70% more than when i first started (6 yrs ago), not including over time and possible but not guaranteed bonuses.

when i worked at the same place you do, the starting wage was $8.25/hr i have heard recently it was around $12. so in 2 years the wages there have gone up what 25%. not bad considering it is retail, which is usually min wage anyway

So true. I do make ALOT more than 12$ an hour. I cant buy my crack on that wage!