Fly Fusion Forums

hey everyone, the wifey and i have 2 to 3 weeks to go on vacation in november and we are having trouble deciding where to go. it must be:

1. cheap (cuz i'm cheap, she's not)

2. warm (beach weather)

3. on or very close to the beach

4. not an all inclusive

5. not mexico

6. good food and beer

7. no further south than south america

8. funky shopping for her

9. cool pubs/bars for both of us

and most important...

10. fishing. i'd like to take my 7wt and be able to wander around on my own and catch whatever. not looking to be on a boat or hire a guide (well maybe once but i'm cheap).

thanks for any and all input, i know i can count on my fellow fisherman folk.

I've never been but Florida is on my list. There is supposedly all kinds of easy access shore fishing in the salt and some neat freshwater opportunities for stuff like peacock bass. I don't know about shopping but there should be tons of cool bars/pubs and great Latin food too.

hey everyone, the wifey and i have 2 to 3 weeks to go on vacation in november and we are having trouble deciding where to go. it must be:

1. cheap (cuz i'm cheap, she's not)

2. warm (beach weather)

3. on or very close to the beach

4. not an all inclusive

5. not mexico

6. good food and beer

7. no further south than south america

8. funky shopping for her

9. cool pubs/bars for both of us

and most important...

10. fishing. i'd like to take my 7wt and be able to wander around on my own and catch whatever. not looking to be on a boat or hire a guide (well maybe once but i'm cheap).

thanks for any and all input, i know i can count on my fellow fisherman folk.

Not always cheap to get there, but San Pedro, Belize is a good place to cover most of your requirements. Sun Breeze hotel is reasonable, lots of bonefish, neat eating and drinking establishments, etc

Hey Bud.

As mentioned before Eluthera Bahamas - Rainbow inn. Best beaches, lots of DIY flats with beaches, neat towns and the people and food are awsome.

Spent three weeks in Roatan + Utila. West Bay lodge real nice about a block from the beach ecellent snorkling. Fosters has a tree house and more normal accomadations and a good bar and resturant. Short beach walk to West End (night life). Didn't stay in West End to busy and the beach kind of sucks. Utila is an interesting diving town worth a couple of nights. Everyones last name is Morgan (after the pirate) he was apperently pretty busy at night. unsure if directly flights are available. Lots to explore and gettting around is real easy by bus or taxi, wouldn't advice renting a scooter, local seem to realy hate them.

Belize is cool but it's been many years but get out of belize city as fast as you can, sketchy at best. Cayo Caulker and San pedro are nice with easy acces to fishing. I've got a spare saltwater line you can have, and have allot of flies you can have.

See you on the weekend.