Fly Fusion Forums

Strange Home Electronic Question...

Asked this on another form, but thought I would post here as well...

So over the last 2-3 days pretty much all our remotes stopped working (SHAW satellite, VIZIO TV, even the DVD player which we no longer use). Original TV remote doesn't work anymore, satellite (universal) remote will work the satellite pvr sporadically, and works 1 cm away from the IR sensor and barely operates the TV (again sporadically from 1 cm away from the sensor - after re-entering all appropriate codes). Like I mentioned, it just started a few days ago, up until then, everything was working fine. I even went to SHAW and bought a new remote (previous remote was purchased in May), even changed out all the batteries to new...

I've tried pretty much every suggested fix online (general and specific for the brand of tv). The other info I've read is that there is IR interference (from what, I have no idea - as we have not purchased any new electronic equipment)...

Anyone have any solutions, or can explain what is happening?!

Thanks,

P

Have you installed any bright lights in the area around the equipment? I had a situation once where I found that in a certain time of the evening I would be unable to control my stereo or PVR. After getting pissed off I realized at that time of the evening we had direct sunlight coming through shining on the area of the TV stand that was housing the equipment. I then closed the blinds and bingo things worked again. Who knew?

This type of occurence is generally related to a plotergeist. We've got one here. Effects the coffee pot. Sometimes the coffee ends up in the cup - others - all over the table.

And no - it's not the Delirium Tremens - Doc says one beer/day - that's it and no more.

Don