Fly Fusion Forums

Expired Bear Spray Disposal

If its just recently expired and you have never fired one off before you should find a suitable place and give it a test. Most people are not aware of just how close you need to be for it to be effective. Just make sure no other people or animals are around and don't point it into the wind. As for disposal, you can drop it off for free at the hazardous waste stations at the entrance to any of the city dumps.

Do you know anyone into target shooting? We shoot them out at the farm, makes a big mushroom cloud. The rest (peppery metal) goes into the garbage can. That or practice firing it to improve confidence. We generally replace 2-3 a year in our group so don't really need to practice anymore. I'm sure toxic roundup would take them otherwise.

If its just recently expired and you have never fired one off before you should find a suitable place and give it a test. Most people are not aware of just how close you need to be for it to be effective. Just make sure no other people or animals are around and don't point it into the wind. As for disposal, you can drop it off for free at the hazardous waste stations at the entrance to any of the city dumps.

I tried it last time I was out and it was still quite potent.. I'd just rather keep a new one on me just in case.

Further to the other replies, I have a free canister of expired bear spray if anyone wants to have some fun! :argggg: