Fly Fusion Forums

I'm In My Happy Place Now

Finally after hours and hours of research and thousands of spent dollars and millions of casts i finally have my complete set of rods. It might not be as many as most people have but I feel for everything I fish I covered it all.

If anyone is interested these are them:

8'6" Winston BIIIx 4wt

9' Winston BIIIx 5wt

9'6" Sage Z axis 6wt

13'3" Winston BIIx 7/8wt

I guess I'm mostly a winston guy

You still need pike and salt water rods !! lol

i don't really fish salt water, mainly rivers and streams in alberta and bc

No 3 wt?

planning to maybe one day. i was looking into the winston bamboo's but for the time being i feel these rods will suffice :argggg:

What about a heavy stick for throwing streamers?

It will never stop, I'm very seriously thinking of buying a Sage One 390 this week, my 4wts and 2wt just are to light or to heavy

A man definitely needs to have a 3 in the arsenal ! I will forever be one rod short.

• Like 1

What about a heavy stick for throwing streamers?

It will never stop, I'm very seriously thinking of buying a Sage One 390 this week, my 4wts and 2wt just are to light or to heavy

don't tell my wife that it will never stop lol

don't tell my wife that it will never stop lol

I was trying to convince the wife that I needed a new 8 - 10wt for tarpon and while cleaning the fishing room we found a 486 RLP that I have NEVER used. My chance at getting a new salt water stick disappeared.

• Like 2

I was trying to convince the wife that I needed a new 8 - 10wt for tarpon and while cleaning the fishing room we found a 486 RLP that I have NEVER used. My chance at getting a new salt water stick disappeared.

i found a way around it. my wife always complains i never do anything to suprise her anymore so in one shot i bought two winston bIIIx and didn't tell her. when she saw the credit card bill she got mad but i said SUPRISE!!!!

i wonder if the divorce papers are on the way yet lol

A buddy of mine always tells the wife, it cost $20. bucks. Could be a fly rod, bottle of scotch, or shoes. It's all $20 bucks, and he has been married for several decades. My little firecracker won't go for that, but when we have some extra $$ around she is very understanding. (YEAH!!!) I bought her a beauty of a G Loomis and she has never used it. No complaint for that one. Have my 5,6 8, and 10 wt, but could use a 3wt, just not yet. :argggg:

• 2 weeks later...

You should switch the sage 9'6" for the bIIIx 9'6" its the best rod in the series.

broke the tip off my sage so i replaced it for the winston b3x 9'6wt

because of you guys i even got a 3 wt because i thought i could use this summer on smaller creeks when i go for hikes

so here is the updated collection

8'6" Winston BIIIx 3wt

8'6" Winston BIIIx 4wt

9' Winston BIIIx 5wt

9' Winston BIIIx 6wt

9'6" Sage Z axis 6wt (backup)

13'3" Winston BIIx 7/8wt

Finally a complete set. whew

Looking at this thread one thought goes into my mind.

As through our lives we gain more and more equipment and find it all useful, I wonder if in the end it will just be countless trips with our one favorite rod, and our favorite places to use it as the days of our lives grow longer and the sunlight starts to fade on our last remaining fishing trips.

• Like 3

Looking at this thread one thought goes into my mind.

As through our lives we gain more and more equipment and find it all useful, I wonder if in the end it will just be countless trips with our one favorite rod, and our favorite places to use it as the days of our lives grow longer and the sunlight starts to fade on our last remaining fishing trips.

Very poetic Brian....