Fly Fusion Forums

Hockey Night In Canada

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rickr if you're interested in learning to play PM me. I play Friday 6:30 am with a great group of oil people and we have a real mix from anklers to very skilled. One is a Mexican who came up here for University. He's good with his feet (soccer) but the stick is a problem. We had a big Egyptian guy a few years ago but he fell and hurt himself.

Tiger is running an oil company in Calgary these days. I forget which one. Apparently he's still scary on the ice - even in rec hockey.

rickr if you're interested in learning to play PM me. I play Friday 6:30 am with a great group of oil people and we have a real mix from anklers to very skilled. One is a Mexican who came up here for University. He's good with his feet (soccer) but the stick is a problem. We had a big Egyptian guy a few years ago but he fell and hurt himself.

Tiger is running an oil company in Calgary these days. I forget which one. Apparently he's still scary on the ice - even in rec hockey.

Gee, sounds great and all, but I have already done the big Egyptian guy thing. Fell last year trying to spray ice on my son while exclaiming "look, I can do a hockey stop". Feet flew out from underneath me, and I hit the ice basically horizontally. It took my breath away and scared the kids (are you hurt daddy? Why can't you talk?). Once I could breath again, I assured the kids I was OK and tried to get up. This is when I realized my ribs were either cracked or broken. Turned out just really badly bruised. Two or three weeks later, I was fine.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, ended my skating, and hence my hockey career.

Two mile an hour shots don't beat goalies though.

LMOA..no doubt. If ya come ice fishing we can play a little pond hockey while we are there. Team Canada against team Oh and there going to be contact.Yank.

Gee, sounds great and all, but I have already done the big Egyptian guy thing. Fell last year trying to spray ice on my son while exclaiming "look, I can do a hockey stop". Feet flew out from underneath me, and I hit the ice basically horizontally. It took my breath away and scared the kids (are you hurt daddy? Why can't you talk?). Once I could breath again, I assured the kids I was OK and tried to get up. This is when I realized my ribs were either cracked or broken. Turned out just really badly bruised. Two or three weeks later, I was fine.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, ended my skating, and hence my hockey career.

And this would be why i always wondered why they put a hockey team in dallas :blink:

hockey game sounds good. i'll be sure to sharpen my elbow pads. i wonder if i can still skate?

And this would be why i always wondered why they put a hockey team in dallas :blink:

hockey game sounds good. i'll be sure to sharpen my elbow pads. i wonder if i can still skate?

Ladystrange,

Don't know how to break this to you, but most of the hockey players in Dallas are from Canada. Some are from Europe. Modano is the token American (sorry if I spelled his name wrong).

If I was sarcastic, I would ask why they have football in Canada. A few make work projects for Canadian offensive linemen?

Football in Canada is an effort to keep a few large men warm in the cold months. That's those men that are not ice-fishing with the Glenbow Flyfishing Texas Chilli Hand Warmers. Note that most CFL players are second string NFL guys that either didn't get in or got bumped down.

Anyone else in the CFL is a damn good Canadian footbal player. How else would Flutie Flakes come about?

Me weaken? You've got to be kidding. Actually Phtobucket didn't "approve" of that image and zapped it.

The image disappearing in no way had to do with the **kicking Edmonton received last night from Calgary. <_<

(Or BC since we're on the topic!)

Don't you all just love "The City Of Champions".

Me weaken? You've got to be kidding. Actually Phtobucket didn't "approve" of that image and zapped it.

The image disappearing in no way had to do with the **kicking Edmonton received last night from Calgary. <_<

(Or BC since we're on the topic!)

Don't you all just love "The City Of Champions".

Sorry to break in here, but this post is about me playing hockey, and any other direction I choose to take it in. Since I started the post, only I am allowed to hijack it. (this rule only applies to posts I start. However, I give myself permission to hijack any post I like).

Glen,

Do you think that white puffy stuff would work as an inner-lining in your ice fishing chilli glove thingys?

Sorry to break in here, but this post is about me playing hockey, and any other direction I choose to take it in. Since I started the post, only I am allowed to hijack it. (this rule only applies to posts I start. However, I give myself permission to hijack any post I like).

Glen,

Do you think that white puffy stuff would work as an inner-lining in your ice fishing chilli glove thingys?

My apologies Wayner, I am deeply sorry about interrupting your thread on self-absorption. I will get this thread back on track for you. Again, my deepest apologies.

Your skill as a hockey player is immeasurable. This is apparent by the fact you took out the women early in the event and then proceeded to thump the inebriated men later on. You obviously need not strive in life to reach your goals as they come naturally. You are the epitome of a man. I too, if I were you, would want to spend the rest of my life with myself. To know yourself, you must love yourself, for it is only when you are filled with love that you can share this gift with the world, which you have done so pleasantly within this thread. :lol:

Your #1 Fan,

Weedy :)

Thanks Weedy, thanks a lot. I guess I am now relegated to #2. I hate being #2.

And Rick, that 'white poofy stuff' is far too rare & exotic to use in mere gloves. As mentioned previously, it is so difficult to come by and it is a proven winner with catching exotic fish species that I reserve it's use solely for this purpose.

Weedy my man, its not too often one gets to laugh hysterically on a Sunday morning. I think I scared my kids.

By the way, they were CANADIAN women, and as such, superior to any American male in hockey skills and sense. And I was inebriated as well, so that one is a draw.

I guess I'm just fortunate no one from Edmonton was there. I'm sure a resident of the "City of Champions" would have taken me down.

I don't really love myself, though I do like myself quite a bit ;)