Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Accommodation

I am a senior angler interested in travelling West to fish the blue ribbon Bow with a guide..

While Calgary is a great city, staying there in a hotel does not fit my decription of a getaway retreat for a fishing trip.

I would plan to rent a car.

Any thoughts on places to stay within a half hour of the blue ribbon launch points would be much appreciated. Thanks.

North Bow Lodge. Only on-river accomodation on the Lower Bow. 10 minutes from 3 launches (plus the one at the lodge), half an hour to every launch. Guides can be done through them.

If i was going to pay for someone to row me around, there is no one i'd rather have do it then George Beasley (who stays down there)

I am a senior angler interested in travelling West to fish the blue ribbon Bow with a guide..

While Calgary is a great city, staying there in a hotel does not fit my decription of a getaway retreat for a fishing trip.

I would plan to rent a car.

Any thoughts on places to stay within a half hour of the blue ribbon launch points would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Okotoks or High River, or buy a tent on Kijij and stay at the campground by the weir. You can also have a guide drop you on an island for an overnight and camp. Love those overnight trips. I recall some guys have camps below the weir. A few good guides, bit a lot of FFC members like Maxwell.

Hansen's, a local fly shop, has a house on the river near Policemans. I've stayed there before when it came with a float package, though I imagine you could stay there by just paying for the room.

I personally prefer other shops in town, but it is another option for you over North Bow Lodge.

There is a campground called Nature's Hideaway. It is at the confluence of the Bow and Highwood Rivers, so gives you the option of driving to the Sheep and/or Highwood. I have heard rumours that some people rent out the permanent camper/trailers they have set up there. Maybe look on Kijiji or call the campground.

Be sure to check with Dutchie, he is a site sponsor and a member on here. He runs a B&B and is owner/operator of

http://www.bowriveradventures.com

If its a big brown you're after, he's the guy to go with! He has a knack for finding the Piggie's (and know's where they live)

Give him a shout, and good luck getting in with him Ripple, as he fills up every year.

Cooking is second to none and you will be staying 5 minutes from the river.

Best of luck on your search