Fly Fusion Forums

Tu Lifetime Membership - Winston Rod

Thanks for clarifying, Taco. TU Canada gives a "premium Winston or Orvis rod" with the purchase of a lifetime membership. Was wondering if anyone knew which rod. It used to be the BIIx years ago.

It should be one of their Premium rods that they offer. I have had two friends who recently purchased the lifetime memberships. One received a BIIISX 8wt and the other chose a 10wt (not sure the model)

Yeah you are right... I just tried to google it and it came up on a obscure site, but not the Winston site Seems it's a few years old). Apparently you get a Boron IIx?!

It's seems it's a Sage One now - which is the current TU deal...

https://gifts.tumembership.org/member/life?ms=MWL-WFO-WLIFE1031WL-H

Peter, I think you are looking at the Trout Unlimited website from the States.

Here is the link for Trout Unlimited Canada in regards to the membership. It appears the Lifetime membership went up to $1500 as of March 1st

http://www.tucanada.org/index.asp?p=2016

Guest Grinr

Peter, I think you are looking at the Trout Unlimited website from the States.

Here is the link for Trout Unlimited Canada in regards to the membership. It appears the Lifetime membership went up to $1500 as of March 1st

http://www.tucanada.org/index.asp?p=2016

Dammit!!

They had me sold @ $1200 with the Sage One w/2050 reel offer(been wanting a One 1008-4 since last year's FF Expo).....but now??

Arrived today...

Great News!
Lifetime Membership Cost Increase Delayed Until March 15, 2013

Due to rising costs the cost of a Lifetime Membership with Trout Unlimited Canada was scheduled to increase from $1000 to $1500 effective March 1, 2013. However due to an overwhelming response we have decided to delay the Lifetime Membership cost increase until Friday March 15, 2013

A lifetime membership with Trout Unlimited Canada continues to offer excellent value, including membership that never needs renewing! In addition to the benefits of regular membership, Life Time members are provided with a choice of a premium Winston or Orvis fly rod or a TFO signature rod partnered with TFO Mark I or Mark II reel. The value of the Winston or Orvis rod or the TFO rod and reel combo alone almost equals the cost of the Life Time membership.

If you are currently enjoying the benefits of an annual Trout Unlimited Canada membership and are considering the purchase of a new fly rod or rod and reel combo why not upgrade to Lifetime status? Becoming a Life Time member is a perfect way to support Trout Unlimited Canada's continuing conservation efforts while obtaining that fly rod of your dreams.

Take advantage of this delay and become a lifetime member today. If you are already a lifetime member perhaps a friend or college may be interested?

For additional membership information or to renew your TUC membership or to become a new member please click here.

To donate to TUC online please click here

Thank you for your support of Trout Unlimited Canada

Or call their office???

From strictly a "consumers" point of view (not considering the conservation/charitible side) $1000 isn't bad if you were going to drop ~$800 (retail) on Winston BIIIx, anyway!! I'm sure TU get's them at cost or has an arrangement so they can maximize their donation! $1500 is a whole different story...

If I had an extra $1000 kicking around, I'd be all over this!!