Fly Fusion Forums

Oasis Pedestal Partner Bench

RussC

I was wondering if anyone on the forum uses any Oasis products and if you like it. I was looking at maybe purchasing an Oasis Pedestal bench along with an Oasis thread rack, and wanted to get feed back from anyone that may use these products. Country Pleasures, and I think Fish Tails here in Calgary carry some of the product, and I have seen them on line as well (ebay).

Thanks in advance

Russ C

Russ the Oasis products are nice but have you ever considered making one. If you use pine it can be really cheap.

I made this bench in a couple of hours. There is no fancy router work just a few pieces of pine for the sides and a piece of oak plywood for the base. Cost was about $40.

DSCN0209.jpg

This is probably a thing of the past, but a few years ago my then, fishing partner who also did alot of woodwork, would go to Calgary and ask the cabinet makers if he could dumpster dive, He usually brought home large enough pieces to do his work with. Not sure if you can do that anymore but thought I would mention it....Kerry

I need to build a new station for a Nor-vice that I picked up. Boy the price of wood just soared again. Wanted some cherry ånd the one place I checked so far had it at $12 a board foot. Ouch.

Check out Windsor Plywood. They often have piles of what they call "shorts", i.e. lengths under 4', which they sell for much less per bf than the full length pieces in the bins. They generally have these available in cherry, oak, and walnut. Terry

Russ the Oasis products are nice but have you ever considered making one. If you use pine it can be really cheap.

I made this bench in a couple of hours. There is no fancy router work just a few pieces of pine for the sides and a piece of oak plywood for the base. Cost was about $40.

DSCN0209.jpg

I built several similar to this ; all of them have a drawer underneath and a row of film cannister holders which is quite handy.

• Like 1