Fly Fusion Forums

Fish Creek Park

birchy

Birchy,

Pat leave=helping wife with baby, not fishing with MTB. By the way, he is a jinx. Do not fish with him, you won't catch anything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure paternity leave is like WCB ; they'll have an investigator out with a video camera checking up on you.

If you're not changing diapers, doing laundry, etc. , they'll revoke your paternity leave & make you pay back any benefits

you have received. DO NOT GO FISHING!!! :P

Hopefully, by now you've already caught a couple bigguns! Tightlines, fellas!

so lets see here, he catches fish with Glenbow, catches fish with Birchy, catches fish with Toolman, catches fish with bigbadbrent, but doesn't catch fish with me. There is a constant in this, but I'm at a loss to figure it out.

Rick stick with me as I seem to remember you catching a rather large Rainbow when we hit the river.

Guest bigbadbrent
so lets see here, he catches fish with Glenbow, catches fish with Birchy, catches fish with Toolman, catches fish with bigbadbrent, but doesn't catch fish with me. There is a constant in this, but I'm at a loss to figure it out.

he had me worried, i can tell you that haha...

you'll know im worried when i stop talking, and stop looking at the other person casting..im catching a damn fish haha

We caught a bunch man!! You must be thinkin of a different MTB.. :P

What and how many? I should have ditched dinner for some fishing. But I haven't seen my mom for awhile so I made the right choice. I can still be envious though.

I may have been exagerrating a little bit.. haha.

I only landed one.. and lost another one. MTB was hooking fish on pretty much every single cast.. it was crazy. But they were taking little tiny baetis nymphs and he couldn't get good hooksets with the size 22 imitations.

Tough hook sets indeed. Aside from the few I landed, (Little guys I tried to shake off but couldn't), the fish would either shake the little size 22 or snap the light tippet I had to use with the little hooks.

Still a day on the Bow with a new fishin' buddy is better than a lot of other options out there.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend the extra cash on better quality tippets. The "Frog Hair" I used and ran out of the day before held up much better than the tippet I used yesterday for sure. Now there's quite a few of my flies being advertised as what "Not to eat" swimming around the Fish Creek area.

Oh, as for flies Rick. I'm heading back up North on Monday, so I'll be tying to kill time. I should have some available for Christmas.

You'll have to buy them from GlenBow though. I think I'll put together a "MTB Bow River Set" for him to peddle. :P

As long as you don't take them into any of the fly shops in town again!