Fly Fusion Forums

Waders?

muha

I worn out my old waders WJ V2. got a big hole in one of neoprene boots and ankle seams are bust.

I always wanted to try waist high waders but would like to hear what you guys/gals have to say about this. I'm looking at LL Bean and redington sonic, have not decided yet which ones to go with.

Any opinions on pros and cons of waist vs chest waders?

I've got the Sonics in both pants and waders, I haven't worn my waders since april. The pants are way more comfortable, but they do look like mom jeans. The sonic pants are made with less layers than the sonic waders so they are lighter wieght all the way around.

I think if you do the winter fishing thing you may want waders as they will be way warmer.

I find the pants much more comfy in my boat while rowing.

The only con I've found is there isn't really any where to put all the crap you carry in your wader chest pockets.

I recently bought some Simms G3 convertibles, I love em... You have the best of both worlds... and I feel I can't beat 'em! They are a godsend for multi season flyfishermen/women.. I think I will always buy convertibles from now on. I bought mine in June I believe and I haven't had to roll them up but once... always in the pant form throughout the summer, and the roll down is definitely not bulky at all , i don't even notice them, nor does it heat up any... they are perfect... and when the winter kicks in, sure ill roll them into the wader form , and for crossing deep water... no problem.. for the investment I highly recommend convertibles.. AND they are the same price as just pants and or just waders

oh , i meant the Simms G3 convertibles , are the same price as the G3 Waders and or just the G3 Pants.... I wanted pants for 99% of the time too... but i wanted to not be screwed if i had to cross i waist high+ bit of water... plus in the colder months they will help shell the abdomen in the chill... thats all... sorry if i wasn't clear fellas

Always had chest waders but when the time came to replace them I opted for the Simms pants. Now with a new baby I figured I have no business wading beyond waist deep. I would love to have both chest and pant waders but couldn't swallow buying both. Last winter I just threw on an extra sweater and all was good.

I'm a big fan of simms I have the G4Zs i like having the pockets on the front i load them with what i think i will use that day and carry all my other stuff in a backpack also i like the fit of Simms more than other warders. I recomend trying on lots of types and go with what fits and functions best. The other thing about Simms that is nice is they put the seams in the right place.

Guest Wrecker

You cannot beat camo neopreme chest waders. Works for fishing and duck hunting.

If you get too hot on the sunny days you just take your shirt off.