Fly Fusion Forums

I Hate Deer

Ouch! That sucks man, sorry to see that!

Just picked up a used 2001 Dodge RAM 2500 Cummins just west of Granum on Monday night Taco... was thinking "I wonder if that cranky ol' Taco fella is around here somewhere?" when we stopped at the Tim Hortons in Claresholm.

ANYways.. I told you that story to get to this story.. we're driving home after just buying the truck.. wife is driving the truck and i'm following her with the car. It was getting dark and we're going around a wide corner and all of a sudden I see a group of deer coming out of the ditch and going to run across in front of my wife. It was one of those slow motion moments.. "Nnnooooooooooo!" We JUST bought it. Fortunately they stopped in the passing lane as she went by.. then they looked like they were going to run across in front of me and I had to swerve over onto the shoulder.

So yeah... friggin' deer.

Guest NamasteMushroom

Bummer.

Hitting an animal sucks; such a waste on all levels (the deer, the car etc.)

I hit a deer with a fellow fisherman a few years back near Vulcan. It was a yearling doe. She was hit straight on, and flew over the top of the car. After we came to a stop, I jumped out to find her; she was about forty or so feet behind the car, in the ditch, and still breathing. In a quick decision / moment, I stepped firmly on her neck, and she quickly stopped breathing. (In what was probably 5-10 seconds - but what seemed like minutes).

I hated doing that, and I'll never forget it. When an animal dies for no reason (or by accident- it really sucks).

That sucks Taco. Friggin jaywalkers!

I wrote off my ranger on a mulie near Sundre last month. Insurance paid out exactly what I felt the truck was worth, and now I have a 4runner which I'm really happy with. Hope it works out just as well for you. Loss of use worked well for me, I was leaving town for work the next week, so I just rented a Cadillac for the weekend. Budget probably wouldn't be happy if they saw the holes on the little red I made it to in their CTS.

That sucks Taco. Friggin jaywalkers!

I wrote off my ranger on a mulie near Sundre last month. Insurance paid out exactly what I felt the truck was worth, and now I have a 4runner which I'm really happy with. Hope it works out just as well for you. Loss of use worked well for me, I was leaving town for work the next week, so I just rented a Cadillac for the weekend. Budget probably wouldn't be happy if they saw the holes on the little red I made it to in their CTS.

Dont be gentle, its a rental! And I feel your pain!!!

IMG006-3.jpg