Fly Fusion Forums

My First Bow River Trout

cohoconnie

Hey,

Last night I caught my first Bow River Trout, a nice Brown. I just started fly fishing, I took a casting course through Fish Tales and just bought my own gear last friday. I have also been watching a number of YouTube videos for tips on nymphing and other fly fishing techniques. Before last night I had been out fishing twice with no luck. I am very happy with my first catch from the Bow River.

FirstBowRiverBrown2.jpg

FirstBowRiverBrown.jpg

Tight Lines,

Connie

I remember you!

You were down at Policemans. There was a big bunch of us there. I remember you saying "stupid fish" after the one got off.

Congrats!

haha yeah I did say "stupid fish" after I hooked him and he ran right into a bunch of rocks and a big log, snagging me up and causing me to lose the fish and my gear (nymph and SJW). I caught this one in the same spot but I didn't let this guy run into the rocks and logs. I'm too used to salmon fishing where you just let the fish run. I see fishing around logs and rocks in a river is much different, good skill to learn.