Fly Fusion Forums

Jet Boat Collision

Jet boat collision on the Bow River

Posted 2 days ago

CANMORE - Canmore RCMP have charged a 52-year-old Calgary man with refusal to provide a breath sample following a jet boat collision on the Bow River on Wednesday, June 13.

The incident happened around 8:20 p.m. when the boat struck an island. A 45-year-old female passenger suffered minor injuries and was transported to hospital.

Police believe this to be an alcohol-related incident. The Calgary man is to appear in Canmore Provincial Court later this month.

Canmore Leader

:wave_smile:

Real dumb. Refusal to provide a breath sample will result in criminal code charges in itself, If convicted of refusal to blow or give a blood sample, you will receive the same penalty and driving prohibition/suspension as if you did give the sample and were found “over 80. Impaired while driving a boat will result in your driving license also being suspended.

There should be 0 tolerance for booze on the water. I lost a boat and came close to loosing my life as a result of drunk teens in a speed boat cutting my boat in half. No sympathy here for drunk driving.

Guest Wrecker
Classy!!

<--poke--<

[quote name='Wrecker' post='160821' date='Jun 23 2012, 11:36 AM'

Boats are easy to drive while drunk.

Ya I was obviously serious....

screw off with all your post critiques. Again, very tiresome and you do this place no good with your constant mindless drivel!

Home Wrecker,

You can sure dish it out, but can't take it eh!!

:smootch:

Ya I was obviously serious....

screw off with all your post critiques. Again, very tiresome and you do this place no good with your constant mindless drivel!

Home Wrecker,

You can sure dish it out, but can't take it eh!!

:smootch:

Jeez Peter,, looks like mrfish4trout/darius has surfaced again....