Fly Fusion Forums

Indian Moped?

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

So i got a free Indian pedal moped (100cc 4 stroke) from an old friend of the family and i am wondering if they are metric or imperial bolts? It will be up at my cottage untill i can get it running but if a scooter sits for a long time what will i need to look at replacing before i even give it its first kick? It has been in a garage for the last 15 years or so, paint was looking in great shape so i hope the metals fared well.

right now im going to replace/check:

all fluids

spark plug

hope the tires still hold air

check chain if rusted up

brake cables/system

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 420FLYFISHIN

here she is lol cant wait for the long weekend when i get parts. Any one know how to fix a seat, this one has seen better days...ouch

post-2377-1339389158.jpg

Sweeet moped!

Change the oil in the case(rottela t6 does wonders for bikes, 5w40), remove your spark plug and put a few drops into cylinder. Replace the sparkplug. Clean out your carb with carbcleaner. Put everything back the way it was, recconect hoses and cables. Crank that bad boy a few times without starting it to prime cylinder wall and piston ring, then try to start it, assuming it makes any compression and ignition(check the coil and cables for cracks) is working.

Seat can be redone for about $150, depending on materials used.

Was it running fine before it was stored? It looks excellent from your pictures, should make a fun project.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

was put away working fine 15 years ago when they got a 150cc. No gas in it right now so non to remove. New battery is in need.

Im not sure if i can crank it with out it sparking. No key for the ignition just a switch and an ignition button.

was put away working fine 15 years ago when they got a 150cc. No gas in it right now so non to remove. New battery is in need.

Im not sure if i can crank it with out it sparking. No key for the ignition just a switch and an ignition button.

just pull the spark plug wire off, and then crank it. just be careful not to touch the end of the wire while your doing that

Sorry dude, my phone was acting up and couldn't reply on the forum.

Do what js said, pull the wire off the spark plug, make sure it is away from any metal, it will throw a spark so keep it isolated!

Its important to prime internals with oil, this way you will prevent seizure.

Run your gas from a clean bottle as you don't know if there are any debris inside. Take that fuel tank of and pour some gas in, give it a good shake and drain it from the filler hole(to avoid clogging release valve), rinse untill you're sure its clean.

Pm me if you need any more advice.