Fly Fusion Forums

Motels In Crowsnest Pass

Plan to spend a few days in 'the pass' in mid May.

Any recommendations for a no frills motels in the area; just something clean & quiet. Preferably Blairmore or Coleman.

Getting to damn old to tent it.

Not interested in B&B's.

Thanks

I second the BCMI at Blairmore. I have stayed there several times for work. The rooms are not fancy,the price is reasonable and the restaurant serves up a pretty good meal. Oh, there is also a lounge as well.

Murray

I would have mentioned the BCMI in Blairmore too but there was a large fire there and the place is closed until further notice. Not sure if it will even re-open. It was a kitchen fire in November/2011. BCMI in Coleman is much newer and nicer but does not have a restaurant.

I would have mentioned the BCMI in Blairmore too but there was a large fire there and the place is closed until further notice. Not sure if it will even re-open. It was a kitchen fire in November/2011. BCMI in Coleman is much newer and nicer but does not have a restaurant.

aww that is terrible news. I hope they do re-open for the busy season.

Thanks

I just checked the website for BCMI at Blairmore & it said it was non-operational, but didn't provide any details.

I sent them an email & will post their reply if I get one.

The Higwood Motel in Blairmore has good rates, I phoned there a couple weeks ago.... Have not stayed there, was just checking out prices in the Pass... Might be a good place to hang the Hat after a long day of fishin... Im goin to give it go next time there..

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/highwood-m...59eccdf43dcd4X1

Cheers... Jeff..

There is also a small motel in Coleman just west of the BCMI, across from the PetroCanada. It is very inexpensive, and the snowmobilers stay there a lot. It's supposed to be pretty good. Don't know the name off the top of my head.

It's called the Stop Inn. Here's some info from another web site.

Stop Inn Motel Phone: (403) 562-7381

Located on Highway 3 in Coleman, the Stop Inn Motel is close to fine dining or takeout restaurants, laundromat, convenience stores, gas stations and liquor stores. Feel right at home with 24 clean, comfortable units, some with kitchens. All have cable TV and a fax-modem compatible telephone. Their staff is known for their excellent customer service.

The BCMI in Blairmore did indeed have a fire, and they've been working on the repairs for some time. It's no where near being ready and from what I've heard, it's not expected to reopen until 2013.

Here is the reply from BCMI about re-opening:

The estimated time is next winter right now, we do have a hotel in Coleman which is five minutes away. The number for Coleman is 403-563-5600.

Thanks to beedhead & TerryH for their suggestions.

Highwood Motel & Stop Inn are comparable in price for my needs.

$70 ( plus taxes ) per night for 1 adult, queen bed.

That's certainly reasonable.

Thanks to all.