Fly Fusion Forums

Homewaters Fly Fishing Pictures 2012 Winter/spring

EliteFisherman

Really the sponsors are worried about some kids that aren't competing with them. Looks like they are loving what they are doing and trying some things out and FFC shuts them down. Nice. I didn't see the original posts so I might be wrong, but I haven't seen them advertising anything for sale or services in the past. If they had watermarks on their pictures saying Homewaters FF, big deal, they are protecting their pictures from being used by someone else, possibly even a sponsor.

Kinda sad, these youngsters are future of flyfishing in this province. Don't see anyone elses pictures deleted, and most pictures look like advertisements for various companies, from waders to rods to reels, none of those companies support this site and yet no one ever mentions it, mods do it as well.

How about some common sense...

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

and whats wrong with the site getting whats due? How many adds do you see on you tube now? You have to pay to keep these sights running and the time it takes to clean up and maintain. He can post the pics with out logos and i would LOVE it if a company stole one of my pics for an add as i would CASH IN with a layer!

my 2C

Is this a photo post or an add? I'm not the forum police but I do work for a site sponsor, and I dont quite see ya as a site sponsor.

SPONSORS LISTED HERE

Go fish or smoke a J-bird...whichever removes that stick from your ass.

and whats wrong with the site getting whats due? How many adds do you see on you tube now? You have to pay to keep these sights running and the time it takes to clean up and maintain. He can post the pics with out logos and i would LOVE it if a company stole one of my pics for an add as i would CASH IN with a layer!

my 2C

Pump the brakes dude..Your pics are not that good that you will need a Lawyer.

The "stick from my ...." would be removed if people would actually pay up like the company I worked for did to post anything on this site which has company names, website names, or LINKS IN THEIR SIGNATURES. I honestly don't even know why Dutchie pays for the site when it seems nothing is being done about all the siggys which link to non-sponsor sites anyways these days. Plus I see adds in the sponsor section which are not from a listed site sponsor from time to time as well. Might as well get in on the free ride instead of paying to support this site? I mean come on folks. Support your site sponsors, the ones who PAY for this service. Telling us to lay off is ridiculous. My 2 cents.

Putting my rod in the center attention for the picture as far as im concerd nothing is wrong with it. Check back from previous posts where people are wearing hats or waders with a companys name on it holding the fish...

We are NOT selling anything and if you googled us nothing would come up as we do not have a website or anything forsale for that matter.

I have no problem supporting the sponcers on this site but if im getting flamed for a photo im sure there is something wrong when we are not a company...

Well someone does have to play the devils advocate. Dutchie and all site sponsors pay pretty big bucks to be one of a few that are allowed to (or suposed to be the only ones allowed to) post links to ANY website, or company name, or website name, etc on here. Without that priveledge, why be a sponsor? From an advertisers perspective, if you pay for something (exclusive rights to it) and the company you paid allows others to use it freely, wouldn't you be upset? This guy may not be a "comapny" per se (yet), but you are still on here branding that name right now, for free.

My 2 cents.

Alright so i guess most photos from google images with someones name somewhere in the corner bad and should have to pay google so others cannot forge your photograph? Farther more companys sell stuff and we have nothing to offer nor a website as stateted earlier. If we had those mabey it would be a bit differnt but lots of people have photos on here promoting other omcpanys with there rods and shirts mabey we should email them to pay this forum some money for that?

I love how people throw in the "I don't know why so and so pays for this site" like it costs a fortune to do so.

I host 5 sites with 3 chat forums, $10.00 a year for each domain name and $50.00 for the hosting. $100.00 a year all in. Software to drive the forums is free - tho IPB has started charging lately.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

huh, i was just looking at the other side of the fence, but i guess i know who the jealous ones are lol

No we are not going to start guiding (we don't have the licenses/nor the spots we are willing to give away :) ) or pushing anything...We are just making videos for fun starting in a week or two on bulls and browns and photography.

Its a fun summer activity to keep up occupied till school starts up again!

Thanks

Haha this is so blown out of proportion. I am just seeing this now. I didn't moderate anything.

Here's the scenario. If you paid for an Ad and then you see that people are posting Ads for their business for free wouldn't that chap you? That's the reason this rule is in place. It's business, not personal.

If they are not for profit pictures then post away. I only kill it if you are advertising your wares for sale and are not a site sponsor. Last time I checked the rates for advertising they were very cheap. I am also not a paid moderator. My only job here is to promote morality amongst fellow fishermen/women and Lynn.

Kinda sad, these youngsters are future of flyfishing in this province. Don't see anyone elses pictures deleted, and most pictures look like advertisements for various companies, from waders to rods to reels, none of those companies support this site and yet no one ever mentions it, mods do it as well.

How about some common sense...

Good post. Common sense is a thing of the past, just like customer service!

No we are not going to start guiding (we don't have the licenses/nor the spots we are willing to give away :) ) or pushing anything...We are just making videos for fun starting in a week or two on bulls and browns and photography.

Its a fun summer activity to keep up occupied till school starts up again!

Thanks

Just keep fishing and having fun, I got caught up in the BS and I basically ruined it for myself. Dont worry about the turds out there man and even if u do start guiding who cares. Doesnt matter what u do someone will always be pissed off. San Juam worm could care less about this IMO opnion but he does have some buds that guide and make money off of fishing, clearly u threatened someone enough to have said something.

Is this a photo post or an add? I'm not the forum police but I do work for a site sponsor, and I dont quite see ya as a site sponsor.

SPONSORS LISTED HERE

I dont see LOOP on the list, does that mean everytime so and so posts a pic of his fat Loop reel that he isnt trying to boost his business. This is how particular people make money isnt it? Dont know him personally just heard and seen him around. Perhaps to save any confusion you should just start blurring everything out that isnt a fish!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

I LOVE HOW HE PULLED THE PICS AND PEOPLE ARE NOW GOING AFTER THE MODS/SITE LOL.

P.S. NONE OF US WANT TO PLAY WELL WITH LYNN J/K

I LOVE HOW HE PULLED THE PICS AND PEOPLE ARE NOW GOING AFTER THE MODS/SITE LOL.

P.S. NONE OF US WANT TO PLAY WELL WITH LYNN J/K

No one is going after the mods, people are just responding to what daves post said, he made it all about that, prolly cause someone brought it up to him. We all know its not fair for everybody, just the way the world is homie!