Fly Fusion Forums

Proud To Announce !

I was out on the river for a bit Sunday afternoon , man did it chill down , my bad for under dressing ....still Beauty though ..fish were active until the weather changed too ! However I ended up with a snapped titanium guide within the third section of my MD 400 ....weird....anyhow

The purpose of this post is , while TroutNV and I were arriving in "secret Southland run" we were happy to learn from a fellow fly fisher who was making his way back slowly to his truck with his boys in tow from a great afternoon's session with his kids ...that the fellow who regularly spincast fishes the canal with live worms and fills his cooler with whichever fish bites the hook , while tipping back some "Kokanee" has finally been busted by the CO's or F&W ( whichever do the arresting ) for poaching !! YeeHaw!!

Apparently the officer's have been trying to nab this fella for some time . Have been seen hiding behind trees on the east bank spotting for him , and have finally caught the peice of shiz ! Way to go!!

Awesome news , just thought I will share it !

i saw that CO there too.. he had parked on the east side of the river and walked over. I also think that he was writing someone else up just at the side channel. dude was on a bike and he was packing up pretty quick when i was heading back to the truck.

and those guys who were spin casting were in that run for at least 4 hours while i was down there.. too bad..i'm sure i could have pulled one out of there

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i had a police bike cop ask for my fishingL, he told me to come up to see him on the bridge so i said "NO, you come down here, I am fishing" The next thing i knwo 4 bike cops roll down and start hastling me in EU accents that the season is not open, blah blah blah. I quickly shut them up with the regs and my licence and they took off. Still no CO but this is better than nothing.

i had a police bike cop ask for my fishingL, he told me to come up to see him on the bridge so i said "NO, you come down here, I am fishing" The next thing i knwo 4 bike cops roll down and start hastling me in EU accents that the season is not open, blah blah blah. I quickly shut them up with the regs and my licence and they took off. Still no CO but this is better than nothing.

Nice to know that least they care, even though they don't have the knowledge. I tend to carry regs around with me also.

Way to go! I've seen that dude on the bike rip out fish and toss em in the bushes. First time I called the CO on him I confronted him first, which was my bad as it gave him time to high tail it out of there. Good to see some justice! Lets keep it up!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

well the one guy was Scottish so he has an excuse but the other cops were just confused that you can fish in the winter.

Alot of them cops are just looking for something to bug people about when theyre day is boring. but at least they care about the fishery even though they dont even know theyre own regs.

HWFF

• 2 weeks later...