Fly Fusion Forums

Action Wilson!

Not the cutties I catch!! :P Not that the photos do these justice, but both these fish went at least 17"!

059qm.jpg

dscf0022f.jpg

lol def wont fit a bull in a squash net but cutties and brookies will fit nice ant help to cut the weight.

Yeah I know, just giving you a hard time! If you ever want to play before you convert your racquet, let me know!!

P

new school (2000 up) squash racket will fit that fish no problem with a good sized net. but either way its a great idea

Nice idea Ray.

Where did you get your netting from? I have a wooden frame that I made and am looking for netting to finish it off for a buddy. If I can't find anything soon around Lethbridge I am going to pick one up in Calgary when I head up there again. I may also make a few more nets for friends and family that don't have one yet.

Damn now I am embarrassed I did not know that they were in LA.. Was looking for them!!

Thanks TerryH

Try Streamside Nets in Lethbridge -- click here for their website

They have a range of net bag sizes, some of which are available at many fly shops. Since they are in Lethbridge, you won't have to go far to get what you need.

Terry

As previously mentioned, the photos do not do these fish justice but yes they were definitley 17" (I have witnesses) plus the size limit at these particular lakes is 40 cm and they were bigger, but decided in the end not to keep them!!

And I don't really care whether you beleive me or not!! :P

P

If they are not 17" they are very close.

A dead giveaway is your hand width.

It's about 4" with your fingers tight to each other - your fingers are not - so 4 1/2" - so that makes the trout head about 2". So if that is combined and stepped down the fish - the one is 17"+

So there - see what happens when old guys don't forget how measurements were once really about people.

1"= thumb width

finger tip to elbow = 18"

and are you really ready for this

you are standing on one foot.

Now wasn't that non-metric stuff easy.

catch ya'

Don

So there, can we now stop calling folks out on fish size? Its shocking that perspective seems to matter when you take a picture.

Uber, from now on just do what too many others do, just hold your arms way out. Then the fish will look massive and placate the fish sized challenged folks.

Sorry for continuing the hijack Ray, good idea on the net!