Fly Fusion Forums

Items For A Very Ill Friend

My Buddy is very ill in hospital and has been for some time. As a result he has not been physically able to clean his bachelor apt for a long time, even prior to being in hospital. On the chance that he can come home from hospital,we are cleaning his apt and dumping his old dirty furniture. It was also too big for his small apt, but it was all he had. Needed are a couch,and maybe a chair,(not too big) bach apt, a coffee table, desk chair on rollers, but one that can support a large man, and maybe a lamp or two. If anyone has a small area rug? I am asking for it to be donated, as he now is without work,( limited income) and will hopefully be put on AISH. If need be I would pay a bit, but just started work again and can't afford to pay much. I and he would be grateful, & I have a truck to pick it up. Thanks :ridemcowboy:

My Buddy is very ill in hospital and has been for some time. As a result he has not been physically able to clean his bachelor apt for a long time, even prior to being in hospital. On the chance that he can come home from hospital,we are cleaning his apt and dumping his old dirty furniture. It was also too big for his small apt, but it was all he had. Needed are a couch,and maybe a chair,(not too big) bach apt, a coffee table, desk chair on rollers, but one that can support a large man, and maybe a lamp or two. If anyone has a small area rug? I am asking for it to be donated, as he now is without work,( limited income) and will hopefully be put on AISH. If need be I would pay a bit, but just started work again and can't afford to pay much. I and he would be grateful, & I have a truck to pick it up. Thanks :ridemcowboy:

I have a glass & steel tube Ikea coffee table, it's 4'x2' roughly, in great condition and you can have it for your buddy

Fishinglivin,

Good for you...stepping up for your buddy.

I checked with my wife and she has given away everything that would be appropriate. She suggested to try the Salvation Army, Goodwill etc. So I GOOGLED "FREE STUFF", and this is the best deal I could come up with:

http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/zip/2874393411.html

Sounds easy enough..... you should be able to get all his "NEW" LINEN AND BEDDING needs right there.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If I come across anything else I will let you know.

Warm regards,

Dick Seymour.

I have a 5x7 area rug.

I also have a household worth of stuff (non big furniture type stuff) from Mike's place in my basement. Let me know if you need anything else in the way of common household kitchen/bath/bed and I will see if I can help some more.

You're a good friend...good on ya.

Kudos to you for doing this for your friend.

You may also want to check out freecycle.com

You have to fast to commit to some of the items put on there, but we have used it before for both getting rid of unwanted items and to find some items. I believe you can add yourself to a mailing list that will send you all of the updated goods.

I will also let you know if we can find something for your friends needs

It does not surprise me, the number of people stepping up to help, and I Thank You all. Please give me a couple of days to get back to you,as after work I try to get to the Lougheed for a visit, and I have been a bit swamped schedule wise.I will add, that there is a chance he wont get home, but I won't accept that until that time, so if that be the case, I promise to return the items or donate them. Thanks Again God Bless Friends, Good Hearted People & Fly Fishers :ridemcowboy:

Dang. Too bad you're in Calgary.

I have nearly 3 apartments worth of apt furnishings thanks to the Fort Mac Penhorwood condo fiasco (google it if ya want, not worth delving into details here).

Anyways, all the stuff is in storage here in south Edmonton. I'd let a lot go for dirt cheap if you were willing to come and get stuff, and you could pick through what you wanted too.

Smitty