Fly Fusion Forums

New To The Forum

Hey everyone! I'm new around here and just thought I'd give you a brief intro.

I've been fly fishing for about 6 months now, and just got back into fishing in general this year after many years away. Only starting to get the hang of fly fishing (addicted from my first cast in the sheep river, where I got a 8" bow... beginners luck). Just here for some tips, to contribute some stream/lake updates, and to meet some new fishing buddies.

A few things I am looking to learn in the next little while, is how to nymph (never succeeded, tried a few times, but wasn't sure what I was doing), and how to read the water in the Bow a bit better. I have struggled greatly in that river...on the fly. Rapala's to me are cheating now.

Hope to hear from a few of you soon, hopefully we can cross paths on the water.

:fishfish:

Thanks again guys! I'm moving into a new house in 2 weeks, hopefully I can get a few days before than to hit some spots on the bow. A buddy recommended hitting some of the storm drain areas, as they tend to hold fish on a consistant basis. Thoughts?

Also, if anyone would be interested in coming out with me, I live close to the river in cranston at the moment, and can head out in a moments notice!

Really appreciate the response, and helpful links :)

I will take this as they are knowledgeable and I could learn a great deal from them :)

If you like to take advice from a pair of weasels go ahead... rest of the board members are pretty good for givin' the straight goods in the advice department but that pair........ not so much. One of them lives in Douglasdale for crys sake

Oh! BTW, welcome to the board, tis a dangerous path you have strayed upon

Just fish deeper water this time of year. And pick the ice outta your guides. I do live in Douglasdale and i've caught every fish over here. That's why im a born again walleye fisherman now.

Cool, I think catching a walleye on the fly would be super fun!

I've fished the waters below your community with hit and miss success. Only using dries I was limited last year, so here's to hoping learning new techniques this year will help me succeed on the bow, rather than be disappointed :)