Fly Fusion Forums

New Pair Of Waders

ham

Im sure theres an old post somewhere about waders, but i thought dragging it up might be lame. So anyways...Im looking into buy a new pair of waders and wanted some suggestions on a good pair and price. Any help would be great thanks.

Loved my last pair of Simms.

Just sent my Hodgman off for warranty replacement today because the seams started to wear thru. Otherwise, they were great. The butt and knees were re-enforced and they have built in Boot covers with lace hooks. If I have no problems with the replacement, I'll give them a vote of confidence, but I'm a little disappointed they barely lasted one year before the seams went.

My next pair I will be going back to Simms tho.

I second the Simms Guides. On my second pair since 2001 ( Simms replaced the originals ) with 250-300 days . Back then I paid about 600 bucks. Today they are around 450.

Good ol Canadian dollar !!!!!!

Sent them in recently for minor abrasion repairs and pinholes. Had them back in 16 days. great customer serice IMO.

Third season on a pair of Bare Blackwaters, doin good till i ripped the side of the leg apart with some rebar left in the river,Ive had to aquaseal a couple seems..but other than that, perfect..unless i hear raves of a new super wader..i'll be buying another pair of Blackwaters when the time comes...

I've got some Bare neoprenes for the cold, around $150, Wholesale Sports.

I've got some Reddington breathables, around $300, Russell Spoorts.

I'm happy with both so far. I've had the neoprenes for abour 4 years and they are going strong and the breathables about 2 years and going strong.

Hello everyone

I just purchased a pair of Simms Guide waders from a store in Whitefish, Mt. The

store is called LakeStream Fly shop. They have to older Classic Guide wader ( the

tan color before they went to the two grey color wader), anyway they had them on sale

for $174.95us. I thought this was a great price. With shipping it cost me $203.50

Canadian. Do you think this is a good deal or not ?

I've got some Reddington breathables, around $300, Russell Spoorts.

I'm happy with both so far. I've had the neoprenes for abour 4 years and they are going strong and the breathables about 2 years and going strong.

I picked up a pair of Reddington's this spring. Great wader until the seams in my right foot started to go and was wet wading, as well as the front zipper broke. Took them back today and Russell's replaced them for me! Mine were the $200 pair.

• 1 month later...

The zipper is great, completely waterproof and if there are ever any problems with them it would be covered by warrenty.

The new G3 guide waders are really nice, they have the chest pocket hand warmers, and the front seems.

Basically everything the G4's have minus the waterproof zipper so the price drops down to around $450 rather than $800.

Guest bigbadbrent

G4's are tooo hot, barely considered breathables, since they have so much 5 layer....

Go with the G3's, or just the regular guide stocking foots