Fly Fusion Forums

Jet Boats On Bow

I haven't had much problems from the jet boats, when I am W&W, do mind though there is always an idoit, I do however have guides that consitantly float within 5 feet of me on a regular basis.

I find the drift boats invade my area more then anyone else, alot of times they are guides too (I mknow they are guides as they have the outfitter name on the boat, I will not name any guides as this is not the place)

Like anything in life there are responsable people and there are jerks.

what about fishing from a jet ski? any one ever popped ones of those out on the river? I would love to get a used 3 person Yamaha and blast from spot to spot.

I had the pleasure of a guy on a jet ski playing around in the water for about an hour right in front of me, and across from another group of anglers. He had miles of open water to choose from not sure why he had to pick the water right by us.

...how come there's only 2 pages in this jet boat thread?

Props don't do anywhere near the kind of damage jets do. The jets set up a much faster, more powerful vortex in the water that continues spinning for a long time. So I've been told.

On thinking about it, I can believe that. I was almost swamped by a big inboard jet flying out on the main leg of the river from the first launch at Carseland in my jon. He came around a blind spot not knowing if anyone was there. Oddly he thought I was waving at him and waved back, but it was not a wave so to speak.

(obvious lighthearted intended troll reply here)

I was wondering the same thing. This forum must be slipping. Gee, our old board had 38 pgs and over 500 replies in 36 hrs followed by RCMP reports due to personal & property damage threats. You guys need to invite the Outlaw/Eagle and AB Jet Boat Assn in here and sing some Kumbaya.

Or not.

Gee, maybe it really more enjoyable this way... ;)

Cheers

(obvious lighthearted intended troll reply here)

I was wondering the same thing. This forum must be slipping. Gee, our old board had 38 pgs and over 500 replies in 36 hrs followed by RCMP reports due to personal & property damage threats. You guys need to invite the Outlaw/Eagle and AB Jet Boat Assn in here and sing some Kumbaya.

Or not.

Gee, maybe it really more enjoyable this way... ;)

Cheers

One thing is different. We don't care about the cops. Nothing on this forum can hold the owners liable. Only personal posters.

I had the pleasure of a guy on a jet ski playing around in the water for about an hour right in front of me, and across from another group of anglers. He had miles of open water to choose from not sure why he had to pick the water right by us.

Why would you stick it out for an hour if he was messing your water up as such? I assume that the fishing was good enough not to care?

al

I find the evolution of jet boats on the Bow to be quit entertaining. First the only ones who wanted them are the two guys that had/have one, 98% of people on this board were against them. Now since a few higher profile guys have bought them and are using them its perfectly acceptable by most of us that were against it a few years back lol. Soon the guys drifting will have to pack in there drifters for motors or they wont make any money, you cant argue the ease of travel up and down the river in a jet boat. IMO i would just as soon see them banned from the Bow, IMO :rolleyes:

own a drift boat. been out on a jetboat 'a few times'. they are both excellent, but offer different things.

i have run into ***hat driftboaters and powerboaters. and tubers.

i think it would be difficult to make powerboats off limits, but i'd say a speed limit, establishing some approach limits, some enforcement of laws, patrolling, visibility, education for newbie owners by appropriate agencies would be of some benefit?

dfo is stretched pretty thin on the prairies though...

I hear that the Amundson TXS G2 3/4 is epic and should be used on the new BVK by TFO.

Speaking of the TFO, has anyone tried the new BVK? What's TFO's warranty like? Is it as good as Sage/Orvis/GLoomis?

The warranty for tfo is really good..lifetime, and because there is an"outpost" in Calgary, you can expect a rod within a week, usually a 30 dollar fee if you break it though.