Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Nets

I was wondering what the best net is. And how much it costs ?

And if you can replace your netting for your net ? And if you can replace it how much it costs ?

Because i have one that has rips in it and there starting to get bigger as i fish and land fish in it.

the rubber nets seem to last a couple years befor they get week , i'v had some of the rubber break in them and i'll use the black ties and do a handy man fix , get about another year from them ,

i'm do for a new netting and the best one i can find is also the replacement ghost net , and i'm waiting on the extra large one to come in from fish tales , should be another week last i heard , they did have some mid size ones in stock

+1 for the rubber net

I can't comment on the durability, but I had mine for 3 years and plenty of usage ;) no visible wear

Completely eliminated the fishy smell of net (though I know some consider that as fragrance of true fisherman)

The Ghost-Net becomes translucent in water and underwater photos look great

Supposedly better for catch&release practices

It does not catch your flies

I'm another fan of the Ghost net I have a "Brodin Gallatin" that has nice long 24" opening that's great for the good sized browns.

I have the new version of that same net as my old one met an unfortunate demise.

I simply love this net.

lost my wood/ mesh net that I had for years and recently bought the Frabill net at bass pro for only $39. larger tear drop shape and clear rubber net- like the ghost style. should be good for kootenay rainbows and smaller AB stream cutties as well. The rubber bag seems like it has lots of advantages over the standard mesh two other friends really like theirs. seems like one of the best buys for a decent c and r net in calgary.