Fly Fusion Forums

Pram Build

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well i have the bench supports and front storage all glued in.Playing with the bench.

boatbuild008medium.jpg

I've got a question for the paint experts....I put a coat of paint on the inside of the bow storage area about 6 days ago and it still hasn't dried.There was some thinner added to it when i painted the underside about 2 months ago.

How em i gonna fix this or will it dry eventually?

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

the thinner should evaporate slowly in time. id say to put a fan on it but then you will blow dust in and get a bunch of fish eyes.....no pun intended.

epic build over all!!!

the thinner should evaporate slowly in time. id say to put a fan on it but then you will blow dust in and get a bunch of fish eyes.....no pun intended.

epic build over all!!!

I've had a fan on it for a couple of days now and no change and yes theres dust all over it but no biggy its just the storage area.Lets hope it drys some time this year lol.

Mike, not sure how feasible this suggestion is, but any way you can take it apart, strip it and redo it?! I have a feeling you'll be waiting a very long time and it might be faster to redo it!!

P

I've had a fan on it for a couple of days now and no change and yes theres dust all over it but no biggy its just the storage area.Lets hope it drys some time this year lol.

Mike, not sure how feasible this suggestion is, but any way you can take it apart, strip it and redo it?! I have a feeling you'll be waiting a very long time and it might be faster to redo it!!

P

No the lid was screwed and glued down.I now have a 16 X 8 opening to get my hands into.

Its not gonna be fun.

P

You're giving painting advise? <--poke--<

Nice Pram Tungsten!

I have used a pram on some of the BC pothole lakes, great solo fishing platform, beats a pontoon!

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news some bad,

The good, i was able to get the paint off of the storage area by just rubbing it with thinner worked well.

Bad news,

The paint on the hull never really went hard it was a little soft.Its been on for over 2 months now.So off to the paint experts and ask some questions.The fellow i talked to said that i had most likely put the first coat of paint on to thick so the surface had dried before all the chemicals could flash out.I looked at him and said i have to sand it all off don't I.He replied maybe but if i left it in the sun after a light sanding that may do it.

So while i was there i got a gallon of paint since i wasn't gonna use the same stuff so color change again lol.

So i tried the sand and sun thing but it just wasn't happening i had put just to much paint on.Time for the power sander.

boatbuild014medium.jpg

Back to the inside,i FG over the seams of the bench supports and coated ever thing one last time with epoxy.

boatbuild007medium.jpg

1 coat of primer applied with THIN coats ha ha and some more sanding.

boatbuild011medium.jpg

Next up ,painting for the last time hopefully.

Almost done... :drinked:

• 2 months later...