Fly Fusion Forums

Awesome Forum!!

I'm simply crucified here because i'm the most gifted fisherman here. That's all.

It's not really a fair contest, is it? I mean, the ability to walk on water gives you a decided advantage over us mere mortals.... :angel:smail:

Welcome to the fray, Bill; howzabout you tell us a bit about yerself? Where do you fish? Tell us a fish story or somethin'...

This place has been pretty dead during this cold snap; all the guys are sitting at home polishing their rods instead of fishing... ;)

Peace out!

-Steve-

Guest Sundancefisher
Hey there!

Brand new to this forum and fairly new to flyfishing. I really like what I see here, and am looking forward to getting involved!

Bill

One question...what is your opinion on global warming, illegally stocked perch and quality fisheries?

Answer carefully...really carefully. <--poke--<

Welcome aboard

:wave_smile:

Well... where do I start...

My family has owned a flyfish only lodge/club on the Des Chutes for about 90 years, and I have been actively involved in numerous technological innovations in rod-building and fisheries preservation initiatives all over North America for the last 20 or so years... Umm... no... not really...

Seriously, I'm an electrician in Fort Mcmurray, working for one of the major environmental question marks in the oil sands industry (which will remain nameless at this time, but we did NOT kill a bunch of ducks a couple of years back).

Although our staple fish up here in the north is pike, we do have a number of really nice streams where the grayling are plentiful and lots of fun as well. It's also a case of making the best of what we have!! I love it here and have absolutely no regrets about moving here from Calgary 11 years ago.

Before I moved, I really didn't have a clue about flyfishing (and still don't, really). I usually get down to Calgary 2 or 3 times a year to visit family, as well as try to wet a line or two. I'm hoping to glean some of the amazing (smooch,smooch) wealth of knowledge that is represented in this forum (clearly this thread is indicative of this deep cavernous treasure chest of wisdom and maturity in all things flyfishing already!!)

That's me in a nutshell... full of bull and cabin fever!!

Guest Sundancefisher
Well... where do I start...

My family has owned a flyfish only lodge/club on the Des Chutes for about 90 years, and I have been actively involved in numerous technological innovations in rod-building and fisheries preservation initiatives all over North America for the last 20 or so years... Umm... no... not really...

Seriously, I'm an electrician in Fort Mcmurray, working for one of the major environmental question marks in the oil sands industry (which will remain nameless at this time, but we did NOT kill a bunch of ducks a couple of years back).

Although our staple fish up here in the north is pike, we do have a number of really nice streams where the grayling are plentiful and lots of fun as well. It's also a case of making the best of what we have!! I love it here and have absolutely no regrets about moving here from Calgary 11 years ago.

Before I moved, I really didn't have a clue about flyfishing (and still don't, really). I usually get down to Calgary 2 or 3 times a year to visit family, as well as try to wet a line or two. I'm hoping to glean some of the amazing (smooch,smooch) wealth of knowledge that is represented in this forum (clearly this thread is indicative of this deep cavernous treasure chest of wisdom and maturity in all things flyfishing already!!)

That's me in a nutshell... full of bull and cabin fever!!

I have fished for grayling a lot up lost. Caught a monster pike out of Gregoire one summer. Lots of opportunities to fish. Watch for last minute fly in deals.