Fly Fusion Forums

What's Up With This

Did anybody watch the game @ Mcmahon on Saturday.

Starts with a US anthem c/w band followed by as US flag going down the ice followed by the CDN anthem w/o band or flag.

What up with this?

Disappointing show of CDN spirt. Thought after the CDN show in Vancouver, we'd grown into a little flag waving.

Maybe it's a rest of Canada thing.

Don

First thing is that I did find it odd that they sang the US Anthem but then again it was hockey day in the USA so I'll let it slide. Also the big US flag was not on the ice but in the open area in front of the ice. And to the TV left they rolled out a Canadian flag for our Anthem.

Thompson Square sang the US anthem and only seemed to be two people? Is two a band?

Good Alberta boy Paul Brandt did a great job but the one thing that surprized me was the lack of French in the anthem with MTL in town.

Don look at the end of the above video.You will see both the US and Canadian flag on the field.

i thought that was weird too, but did you see the guy get T-bagged in the "half time show"!

Ahh... I just googled T-bagged and I'm pretty sure the results I got were NOT what happened.. at least I hope not!

So um, what happened?

Ahh... I just googled T-bagged and I'm pretty sure the results I got were NOT what happened.. at least I hope not!

So um, what happened?

In between periods when the band Metric was playing you see two guys standing with arms in the air

cheering when buddy smacks buddy right in the nards.

I'll look for a link

This is a non-issue.

Running out of beer is an issue!!!!!!!1

They ran out of beer? Now that is an outrage!

Why didn't that make the news instead of the media trying to drum up controversy about an all english national anthem?

Andrew

Did anybody watch the game @ Mcmahon on Saturday.

Starts with a US anthem c/w band followed by as US flag going down the ice followed by the CDN anthem w/o band or flag.

What up with this?

Disappointing show of CDN spirt. Thought after the CDN show in Vancouver, we'd grown into a little flag waving.

Maybe it's a rest of Canada thing.

Don

From what i was told. They had played the american national anthem because they had a national broadcast on Verus in the states. I believe they also did this because we all know the hockey market in the states really isn't doing that well. Maybe an attempt to bring in some more fans.

From what i had heard that viewing for the game in the states did quite well which is good to see..(not sure what the actual ratings were)

And well.. Canadians are considerate, so thats why we honour both north american countries..

Anyone notice how they didn't play the canadian national anthem in the winter classic??(from what i remember) and it was nationally broadcasted on CBC... what does that say about our neighbours to the south... or we can just blame it on bettman.

However, even though i'm a habs fan.. The game was awesome to watch, well the hockey game wasn't to interesting but everything else that went on was awesome!