Fly Fusion Forums

Ff Expo

speyghillie

I am sure its logistically impossible but it would be awesome to make the casting pond larger so you could really test out some of the spey rods. Kinda sucks standing on the side beaning people doing single hand casting haha You can get the basic feel for the rods but it would be sweet if you could really let it go! I tried out the Sage 5119 and 7119, Amundson 1134, Loop Switch style and the Pieroway Metal Detector. All really excellent rods!!

Thanks Guys.

I enjoyed the show a few years ago, but for me the timing is na good, most companies i know bring out the latest products around March time, most of the public attending are like me just getting over the spending spree at Xmas.

Lethfisher i know what you mean, and its a pity the casting pond is not bigger, i watch a demo with the double-Hander and most of the guys watching think........ i can cast that far easy with my single-hander,and just dont see the benefitsof a double-handed rod, i think it puts people off the idea of getting into Speycasting and maybe why its not growing at any real speed.

Cheers Gordo.

Not positive but I think the expo timing might be related to the larger sportsman's show this weekend. Some of the lodges and other exhibitors stay in Calgary for the week and do both shows.

An indoor show is never going to be the right place to show people the benefits of a two-handed rod, but that's why there are on river claves. Fish Tales is heading in the right direction by doing a clave with rods they have in stock, but until there's support from the rod companies for a clave in Calgary you simply can't expect a shop to have one of every two-handed rod in stock for demos. I think it's a bit of a catch 22 situation - the rod companies probably won't send reps with demo rods unless the event is large enough to warrant their investment but it won't get that big unless the rod companies show some support.

Toolman i remember it well, well some of it.

Had a great time at the show and a couple of great nights in Coo Toon..................... eh say no more, i hope to repeat the feat one day, but will try and get to the show before 11am on the Sunday.

Cheers Gordo....... in a very mild weathered Highlands.......... River Spey opens next week.

Had a great time at the show and a couple of great nights in Coo Toon..................... eh say no more, i hope to repeat the feat one day, but will try and get to the show before 11am on the Sunday.

Cheers Gordo....... in a very mild weathered Highlands.......... River Spey opens next week.

Gord,

I missed that show as I was called into work on that day but I still think I can out drink you guys, or at least I put up a good show when you and scottie where in town.

When you come let me know and hopefully we can get out and do some fishing, or I can show you how a real man drinks, lol

Now back to the show, I usally do not go to the expo but this year I spent half a day ting flies at the FFC booth and had a ton of fun, got to talk to some old friends and meet some new people.

As I see the expo for us Hardcore people it is more for us to **** chat with various shops, supplies, and manufactures, which is always intresting to see diffrent views from diffrent people.

There can only be one highlander!!!