Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Art

Guest Sundancefisher
Nice Art, I like the art of Diane Michelin. She is always at the Spruce Meadows Fly Fishing Show. Check out her site. I have several of her limited prints and original paintings. www.dianemichelin.com

I like all art...but my preference is realism. Early Bateman I like...newer Bateman...poor.

Still..wish I have 5% of the skill of this painter myself. :-)

We should start a best of the fishing art thread... I have nothing to show...but would love to see what is out there. I have the Provincial Bull Trout fish print... Nothing else.

I have a Diane Michelin print in my living room.

Also have some of Sharon Culp trout sketches (from Glenbow) up on the wall, as well as a cool print from Alex Kirkby.

My office is wall to wall fish pictures, prints, and posters with some maps thrown in... a bit of a disaster really.

Besides those I have Madison On-The-Fly posters up and a bunch of other trout prints in the "man areas" of the house.

I had a chance to buy a couple of cool DeYoung prints when he was less known, but now that they are everywhere, I doubt I would put one up.

My favorite art is from local artist Karl Geist. He seems to capture the beauty of the fish because that is what it is all about, creation and the enjoyment of our natural surrounding. Carl Rungius has the best landscapes of the mountians and wildlife I have ever seen. Just a few of my favs.

http://www.encore-editions.com/carl-rungiu...gius-mt-cascade