Fly Fusion Forums

My First Cast

Timo

Hello forum members.

This is my first cast into the Fly Fish Calgary forum pool so I hope it’s a good one…

I’ve been sitting on my duff for too long and a couple fishing trips this summer to some sweet mountain streams awoke me from my dormancy.

Why, I asked myself, do you not go out more often when you enjoy this sport so much? Well, I told my self, that’s going to change and I have resolved to venture back to the waters of the many fine streams, rivers and lakes this province and country have to offer.

Time has now come for me to again assault the Bow River. Too long have the fish of this waterway been free from the scourge of my splashing about and my poetic cursing of the fish gods. Soon they will feel my wrath.

So too will this forum have to suffer from my incessant inquiries into even the most basic of techniques. Your patience will be worn thin from my warped sense of humour, bad grammar and my seemingly god given gift of thread killing.

But I don’t care because I am going fishing again.

I have just spent an obscene amount of money on a rod and reel for use on the Bow and Crows nest Rivers because I am obviously compensating for something… (skill) So come this spring when you see some fool on the river with brand new gear making a compleat fool of himself but sporting a scat eating grin … come say hi but watch out for errant casts because I catch everything but fish on the Bow River

Thanks to the folks at Fish Tales for helping out with my gear selection.

I look forward to contributing to this forum, dusting off my old fly tying kit and sharing Flies and Lies with all of you. Some of you I recognize from other forums like AO (Timo) and CGP(Baddawg)

Cheers

Tim

How long till spring?

Welcome, Badcaster!

Coincidentally, pretty much every one I've ever fished with has suggested that I use that moniker as a forum nickname... ;)

Regarding your final query: Don't wait for spring, dude; the Bow's a year round fishery. Dress warm & have at 'er!

C ya 'round!

Steve...

Quit sucking up to the new guy!! :P

BC,

Welcome aboard!

P

Welcome, Badcaster!

Coincidentally, pretty much every one I've ever fished with has suggested that I use that moniker as a forum nickname... ;)

Regarding your final query: Don't wait for spring, dude; the Bow's a year round fishery. Dress warm & have at 'er!

C ya 'round!

Should I close this thread or just ban the new guy now? <--poke--< (make sure you use the pokey thing when making bad jokes)

Welcome to the board.

lunch & beers in the Cochrane hotel.

Boris,

In the future I must be invited to all and everything that has Beer or Rum and is in Cochrane.