Fly Fusion Forums

New Sunglasses

Personally, my next pair are going to be some Oakely's. But that's just me.

http://ca.oakley.com/products/4869/16311

I have a pair of those and the way the arms are shaped makes it tough to wear them with a ball cap. The lenses are hard to change on them as well because you have to put your fingers all over them to pop them in and out. I replaced mine with these instead:

http://ca.oakley.com/products/6483/23929

Haven't worn any sunglasses other than Oakleys for close to 20 years.

i have the revos and yes a little but pricey but i am very happy with them , this is my second pair i like them becuase they come with glass lenses that scratch way less then the plastic that alot of manufacturers use, i have had alot of different brands seems like if yyou spend around 100 to 200 dollars for good polarized glasses they come with the plastic most oakleys fall in there and i have had a couple pair even at the same time as i had my first revos there were both scratched up bad enuf that i diddnt want to wear them anymore the revos with the glass lense was scratch free , i even had them for 5 years i think before some one sat on them ,

i think all brands put out decent glasses with minimal difference between them just pay the extra and get the glass as far as i am concerened

I had a pair of Kaenons and they fell of my hat tree planting. There were definitely the best pair of sunnies i'veowned, the polarization on em was epic, even in low light conditions. Go check them out at Fish tales... they've got a bunch o' sizes and styles. Really, you cant go wrong. I think another big deal with fishing sunnies is scratch resistance. If you don't lose em too too often, you better off spending some cash.

I top am a bit of a sunglass whore too. Currently I have a pair of Oakley & Maui Jim's among others. I really like the optics on the MJs, I seem to be able to see further into the water with them. My beef with them is that the frames all tend to be a little broad for my head. That combined with the spring hinges makes them feel like they are going to fall off all the time. With the price of them I am a little paranoid about losing them.

I like the Oakley's because they seem to wrap around my head better & they don't feel like they are going to fall off when I bend over.

You may also want to look a Costa del Mar glasses. They seem to be pretty popular with guys who spend alot of time on the water.

Andrew

If you go to any saltwater board, or at least the ones I frequent, Costa del Mar's get a tremendous amount of press and a very loyal following.

I own 4 pairs of Oakleys including the "shallow" and "deep" fishing specific lens and IMHO they don't hold a candle to Costas - best sunglasses on the market. (but thats only my 2 cents)

Costa's are a wear all day and not notice they are there kind of thing.