Fly Fusion Forums

Ducks Bandwagon

so how bout my ducks there eh boys?...too bad more of ya didn't hop on at the beginning :lol: ...lol...just bugging...who was it in the last forum that said some crap about pronger being a hack?...what about Alfreddson's tee up on Neids tonight eh?...that's a lot better than throwing a face to face check eh?...brutal...

The last 3 Stanley Cup finals have been disappointments now, so I don't really care anymore. I probably won't even watch the next game because I hate the Ducks that much. I hated them before Pronger, and now hate them even more.

Time to go fishing! B)

Congrats Doc.

I will say that you have supported them from the beginning, so a little gloating will be in order.

Hopefully you at least made a little cash out of the deal.

Do you think the Ducks are hoping Pronger keeps the Elbows flying?

They're 2 - 0 in the games he's had to sit out due to suspensions.

Enjoy it while you can....I see a lot of Grey hair in those Playoff Beards on the Ducks.

dammit what a sweet ass night...lost my voice, drank the bubbly, and had 4 people call me a loser for cheering a team named the ducks for 14 years...god i love hockey...time to golf and fish now...and to all the pronger haters - get over it already... :lol:

Bunch of Quackheads!!!..were losing our game to the Americans..next season will be 15 years since the cup has been north of the border (compliments of my Habs ;) ) .. mind you most of the the players winning it are Canadians..still don't bring it home...

Bunch of Quackheads!!!..were losing our game to the Americans..

are you kidding me??? how can you even say that with the number of Canadian boys that are bringing the cup home this year...sure it wasn't on a Canadian BASED team but the ducks are way more canadian than the sens if you are talking player numbers...i hate Canadian BASED team bandwagon jumpers...thanks god the playoffs are over and i can get back to being friendly and fishing with guys like you before we go to war again in the fall...lmfao :P and for the record...my name's Andrew and I'm a QUACKHEAD!!! :D

Anyone notice a pattern happening as to what team wins the cup the last few years? Southern states and I'll bet that Bettman loves to help promote the American market....my opinion there are too many teams as is.

are you kidding me??? how can you even say that with the number of Canadian boys that are bringing the cup home this year...sure it wasn't on a Canadian BASED team but the ducks are way more canadian than the sens if you are talking player numbers...i hate Canadian BASED team bandwagon jumpers...thanks god the playoffs are over and i can get back to being friendly and fishing with guys like you before we go to war again in the fall...lmfao :P and for the record...my name's Andrew and I'm a QUACKHEAD!!! :D

like I said, there are lots of Canadian boys winning the cup, but do you think the yankees see it that way? good for you and the Ducks it was a damn good efford the last couple years and they got it..It'd just be nice to see the cup north of the border instead of some place it don;t even snow...and i don;t think I'm alone..but good on ya..friends till fall? LOL

-I don't care what the Americans "see"....in general (ie. not all) they are clueless about hockey anyway.

-I cannot stand Gary Bettman.

-If Gary Bettman can promote hockey in any way, anywhere then that's good for hockey, plain and simple. It will always be our sport in Canada (unless Lacrosse takes over!)

-Congrats to the Niedermeyer boys, I think that's awesome, once again the cup will come to Cranbrook B.C.

-Lots of long time players on the Ducks that have finally won a cup (Brad May, Selanne).

-They OWNED Ottawa....period...

The ducks were the better team congrats to them they deserved the cup. Would love to see an alberta team take it back some time but none of them had what it takes this year. Any trends that show southern states winning the cup is just coincidence. Next season every team will have the chance to make their mark same as this season. Next season I will cheer for Calgary as I always have if they lose out then like this season I will be content to watch the rest of the playoffs simply for the good hockey.

I'm glad I lifted my ban on watching the playoffs because of the officiating, to see this series.

It was great hockey regardless of who you were cheering for.

I'm pretty sure there were more roughing, elbowing, boarding, etc. calls, than Hooking and Tripping calls, which is how it should be IMO.

As far as the American teams winning the cup, it's simple math.

30 teams - 6 Canadian & 24 American means a 4 to 1 chance an American team is going to win.

We're only two years into the new CBA and everything will even out eventually.

The way I see it, the Flames should have a good chance to win the Cup every 4 to 6 years.

Also, you can thank Mr. Lowe for the helping the Ducks win it. Trading Pronger to a Conference Rival that was already on the brink of winning the Cup was unbelievable. I'm still surprised he didn't move Smyth there at the deadline as well. He must have figured they had it wrapped up as they were.

It's scary to think that the Ducks might ice the same team for a couple more years too.

Raising the bar I'd say...

Congrats Doc

Now you can put the "Quack Pipe" down and get back to catching some fish!

no question the ducks deserved the win and the cup this year. although i wanted the cup to come back north of the 49th i will take solace in the fact the ducks had the most fighting majors and the most penalty minutes this year. the first team to win the cup with the most penalty minutes since the 1975 flyers. i say no to milquetoast hockey and kudos to burke for assembling a team that is tough and talented.

I'm glad I lifted my ban on watching the playoffs because of the officiating, to see this series.

It was great hockey regardless of who you were cheering for.

I'm pretty sure there were more roughing, elbowing, boarding, etc. calls, than Hooking and Tripping calls, which is how it should be IMO.

As far as the American teams winning the cup, it's simple math.

30 teams - 6 Canadian & 24 American means a 4 to 1 chance an American team is going to win.

We're only two years into the new CBA and everything will even out eventually.

The way I see it, the Flames should have a good chance to win the Cup every 4 to 6 years.

Also, you can thank Mr. Lowe for the helping the Ducks win it. Trading Pronger to a Conference Rival that was already on the brink of winning the Cup was unbelievable. I'm still surprised he didn't move Smyth there at the deadline as well. He must have figured they had it wrapped up as they were.

It's scary to think that the Ducks might ice the same team for a couple more years too.

Raising the bar I'd say...

Congrats Doc

Now you can put the "Quack Pipe" down and get back to catching some fish!

You can thank Pronger, not Lowe, for screwing around on his wife and getting caught so she made him demand a trade that was his "personal issues" he had, plus she didn't like living in Edmonton...was not similar to the Smyth trade. The Ducks will ice most of the same guys, but they said last night that guys like May and Selanne will probably be retiring...I wouldn't be surprised to see Pronger, the Niedermeyers and some of the other older guys retire . They do have some young talent...Getzlaf, Perry, and Penner etc. so they still have good roots for sure.

Watching Pronger hoist the cup tonight just about made me puke...I was hoping like hell that he would drop it.

Me too man. But seeing Selanne hoist it was great.

The Ducks were stellar, and the Sens burnt out. Their reputation as playoff-chokers will now be as strong as ever.

You can thank Pronger, not Lowe, for screwing around on his wife and getting caught so she made him demand a trade that was his "personal issues" he had, plus she didn't like living in Edmonton...was not similar to the Smyth trade. The Ducks will ice most of the same guys, but they said last night that guys like May and Selanne will probably be retiring...I wouldn't be surprised to see Pronger, the Niedermeyers and some of the other older guys retire . They do have some young talent...Getzlaf, Perry, and Penner etc. so they still have good roots for sure.

Actually, Pronger told Lowe when he arrived at the start of the season that he would give the Oilers one season and would then like to move onto somewhere else. So Lowe had the entire year to do something about it, but left it to the last minute....Kind of like he did with Smyth.

You can hate him, but you have to respect his game.

Hell, I know a lot of "Regular" people that want to move out of Edmonton too, but you don't see that in the paper.....lol.

I would respect Selanne a lot if he did retire, but it would be a shame to see a guy that just scored 48 goals last season leave the game.

Not many leave while they are at the top of their game, so good on him if he does.

The Ducks proved that they are a great team. They lost arguably their best D Man two times in the playoffs and won both games.

You could take out any one player from the line up, Niedermeyer's, Pronger, Selanne, Macdonald, etc. and the team is still good enough to beat most teams.

You take out just about any other teams one top player and they are in trouble.

It's been a long time that I agreed 100% with the Conn Smythe winner, but this year I think they got it right.

No question he deserved it IMO.

BTW, all of their Marque players are under contract for next year, so being that they can ice the same team and have a chance at back to back....I can't see any of their players leaving.

Like I said, they've raised the bar for all the other teams in the league.

Actually, Pronger told Lowe when he arrived at the start of the season that he would give the Oilers one season and would then like to move onto somewhere else. So Lowe had the entire year to do something about it, but left it to the last minute....Kind of like he did with Smyth.

You can hate him, but you have to respect his game.

Hell, I know a lot of "Regular" people that want to move out of Edmonton too, but you don't see that in the paper.....lol.

I would respect Selanne a lot if he did retire, but it would be a shame to see a guy that just scored 48 goals last season leave the game.

Not many leave while they are at the top of their game, so good on him if he does.

The Ducks proved that they are a great team. They lost arguably their best D Man two times in the playoffs and won both games.

You could take out any one player from the line up, Niedermeyer's, Pronger, Selanne, Macdonald, etc. and the team is still good enough to beat most teams.

You take out just about any other teams one top player and they are in trouble.

It's been a long time that I agreed 100% with the Conn Smythe winner, but this year I think they got it right.

No question he deserved it IMO.

BTW, all of their Marque players are under contract for next year, so being that they can ice the same team and have a chance at back to back....I can't see any of their players leaving.

Like I said, they've raised the bar for all the other teams in the league.

that just made me want to go fishing and beer drinking with ya...lol :lol:

that just made me want to go fishing and beer drinking with ya...lol :lol:

Sounds good Doc.

I haven't been down on those "Secret" Castle Tribs in awhile.

Maybe this summer.

Might have to mix in some New Rock with your Slayer and Whitesnake though.