Fly Fusion Forums

It's Official

The Alberta record Brown trout record has been destroyed by a friend of mine down in Pincher Creek. I know the official weight but see if your fish calculators work. Length 35" Girth 26"

GM

~29 pounds!?

21lbs 14 oz. Would love to post a pic but I believe since the fish waqs kept I can't post pics of a dead fish. If a mod will allow it they can pm and I will give them the pics to post

GM

i don't think that's correct. lesse it!!! wow!!

Yeah post it!! I think the rules are in reference to "fish handling"... So if it's legal to "cull" (not sure what the regs were for where it was caught) then it shouldn't be a problem!!

Lots of photos showing dead fish on here(where it's ok to do so)!!

P

i don't think that's correct. lesse it!!! wow!!

In my opinion it's a shame, but I guess i can understand why some people's egos need to destroy such a treasure

Hope it tasted like ass

Hey Jayhad, don’t know you, but I’d have to say your opinion is ridiculous (shameful, done for ego, ha). I expect you’ve never been in the position to make that call and I know the guy who caught it did think about letting it go. He made the best decision... it’s the Alberta record, not a tall tale. I’ve fished for a fish like that all my life and caught one that was real close to the record (not even close to the fish in question), and I’ll never know. He knew for sure and whacked it. I woulda too and so would the vast majority of anglers who have put in 20+ years of effort to have that kind of opportunity. Besides, a fish like that only has a few years left before it kicks the bucket and I’m glad that the guy who caught it is an exceptional angler, who earned it. The bear, choochie, myself and baggo marshmallows are not likely to here the end of it soon... which is good. I’m totally happy to see a guy who fishes like a madman, score huge. He deserves it completely. Well done Dr. P... I am envious.

Dean

BTW ain’t no Lott Creek fish. Wild fish from flowing water and about the last place you’d ever guess.

Wild fish from flowing water and about the last place you’d ever guess.

Your right. I could have only assumed judging by it's size and shape that it had come from a lake such as Beauvais (which I have, indeed, had a few very signifigant brown trout on the end of my line only to lose them). I bet it's from the lower oldman :)

I can't get over the mass of that fish. I don't think it's an ego pumper to have a fish on your wall that is the ALBERTA RECORD!! I think it's a hell of a tale to tell, with the evidence hanging right there to back it up.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty water

you don't know me, you're right there, but your assumptions are dead on I possibly couldn't have 20 years on the water let alone 20 mintues. Never caught an abnormally large fish, shoot I haven't landed anything over 13" but hopefully this weekend I'll get lucky.

as for mounts a glass mount can be made with a fish kill and won't be as nearly affected by UV as a real skin, but like I said it's my opinion to bad you had to take offense to it. Dude's legally allowed to kill that fish,

plus I never said anything to dimish the greatness of that fish, actually I refered to it as a treasure.

In my opinion it's a shame, but I guess i can understand why some people's egos need to destroy such a treasure

Hope it tasted like ass

Says the guy who I once believed talked about about catching Bulls in - 30 c weather. Bet that didn't hurt them at all.

PS

He didn't eat it either, getting it stuffed.

Pretty water

you don't know me, you're right there, but your assumptions are dead on I possibly couldn't have 20 years on the water let alone 20 mintues. Never caught an abnormally large fish, shoot I haven't landed anything over 13" but hopefully this weekend I'll get lucky.

as for mounts a glass mount can be made with a fish kill and won't be as nearly affected by UV as a real skin, but like I said it's my opinion to bad you had to take offense to it. Dude's legally allowed to kill that fish,

plus I never said anything to dimish the greatness of that fish, actually I refered to it as a treasure.

Jayhad,

No offense, just thought it was a stupid comment... and you can't take it back with sarcasm about your undeniable awesomeness. You said what you said and it was pretty straight forward. I'll leave the rest up to you... catch ya.

Pretty not bad Water

I’m totally happy to see a guy who fishes like a madman, score huge. He deserves it completely. Well done Dr. P... I am envious.

Dean

BTW ain’t no Lott Creek fish. Wild fish from flowing water and about the last place you’d ever guess.

Come on Dean... we know that is a brood fish from Nick Sheran in Lethbridge. <--poke--<

I hope the location is never announced, but it will come out I'm sure when the record is made official. I have a suspiction it was in one of my "secret rivers" (It starts with a B and rhymes with rOW). :angel:smail:

Come on Dean... we know that is a brood fish from Nick Sheran in Lethbridge. <--poke--<

I hope the location is never announced, but it will come out I'm sure when the record is made official. I have a suspiction it was in one of my "secret rivers" (It starts with a B and rhymes with rOW). :angel:smail:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ;)