Fly Fusion Forums

Friggin Lakes

caddis schmaddis. damsels schmamsels.

oooooooooh it was too wet & cold this spring yet again was it? oooh oooh ohhh mr. high and mighty gerrards all fussy picky eaters yet again huh? 20' leaders & 4x fluorotippet not good enough for you, eh?

meh.

friggin lakes.

was pretty inconsistent for everyone, a few hot rods here and there for an hour or so, then zip.

oh and the weather was really nice as we broke camp to leave.

good stress management though. nice place to hang for a week.

friggin lakes.

don't look @ me, I couldn't catch a decent friggin' stocker down @ the local gawdamned put and take slough. 1 for frigging 4 tries, I was so excited to finally catch a 15" fish that I ended up locking my keys, cell phone and pants w/the spare key in my wallet in the damned truck, thank god for onstar and some stranger's cell phone

don't look @ me, I couldn't catch a decent friggin' stocker down @ the local gawdamned put and take slough. 1 for frigging 4 tries, I was so excited to finally catch a 15" fish that I ended up locking my keys, cell phone and pants w/the spare key in my wallet in the damned truck, thank god for onstar and some stranger's cell phone

wow. with the quantity of rum i consumed i coulda expected that from me.

instead i just gave myself a novel new piercing.

friggin lakes

Little (size 18) white flies were working well for me and the small risers at a pond in the Calgary area. I couldn't catch anything after they stopped rising though.

I got skunked at Allen Bill Pond, but that was because I only fished (casted?) for about 5 minutes before the thundershowers rolled through.