Fly Fusion Forums

Use The Car Wash!

Even though my comments are not always taken as intended, most of the time I am trying to take some of the discussion's "edge" off and "de-tune" the emotion factor with a little humour or sarcasm, when these things get hot under the collar.

:angry: Piss off, that's my job.:angry:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their own eyes people see themselves as a perfect angel and everyone outside of that is crazy, stupid, immature, mean, bitchy, short-tempered, illogical. And the only time they'd do anything outside of what Jesus would do is when the rest of those other crazy, stupid, immature etc people deserve it by living their lives in the wrong way.

I think that this was pretty much the crux of LadyStrange's original post.

thank you for understanding Heimdallr... i'm just surprised it took that long for someone to clue in

sorry just cant resist( I think its the "im surprised it took that long for someone to clue in" remark that rubbed me the wrong way). You do realize that you are( or could be) the "perfect angel" in MVs little analysis dont you? <--poke--<

Carwashes have traps in the drains .....how they work im not sure.I know we have one at work and it seperates the oils into a seperate chamber and they clean it out every 3 months and charge us a big fee to dispose of it the right way.

I'm definitely a perfect angel.. you're all jack@sses. ;)

Birchy:

That ticks me off. When I purchased my crown to be "King of all Jack@sses" I was assured not once, not twice, but three times by the salesman I'd have exclusive rights and domain to that title and name. Guess I got ripped off...

:P

Smitty

sorry just cant resist( I think its the "im surprised it took that long for someone to clue in" remark that rubbed me the wrong way). You do realize that you are( or could be) the "perfect angel" in MVs little analysis dont you? <--poke--<

Really?? we are going to resort to name calling again. it was lowbrow when MV called me a bitch, now you're just turning his words around to call me bitchy, immature, crazy, mean and short-tempered???

And no, i'm certainly not perfect nor do i think i am, nor do i think that everyone else is wrong and that i am right and my poop don't stink. why dont you try to get to know me before passing judgement.

i take a situation and then spend the time to see the multiple sides of each before i do something and act accordingly. i also like to play devils advocate and play off the other side regardless of what my actual opinion is to broaden the horizons of others who take the time to understand, as well as my own. it is healthy to see things from another point of view. very few things are black and white.

i do tend to confuse people when i do that, except the people who know me or those who also take the time to figure it out. since i dont know Heimdallr, i was more surprised that he understood without knowing me and also had the courage to say it. you and MV decided to jump on me and attack my character and call me names and not even bother to ask, what did you mean by what you said or please explain your point of view. and all over a fictional satirical story? i apologize if you or anyone else didnt understand but there is no need to attack me for your incomprehension.

everyone has an opinion and are entitled to them, not everyone is open to taking the time to understand someone else's opinion. which is why what MV said is perfectly stated.

Guest frypan
I'm definitely a perfect angel.. you're all jack@sses. ;)

i have read some of your posts , you are not imune !

Really?? we are going to resort to name calling again. it was lowbrow when MV called me a bitch, now you're just turning his words around to call me bitchy, immature, crazy, mean and short-tempered???

And no, i'm certainly not perfect nor do i think i am, nor do i think that everyone else is wrong and that i am right and my poop don't stink. why dont you try to get to know me before passing judgement.

i take a situation and then spend the time to see the multiple sides of each before i do something and act accordingly. i also like to play devils advocate and play off the other side regardless of what my actual opinion is to broaden the horizons of others who take the time to understand, as well as my own. it is healthy to see things from another point of view. very few things are black and white.

i do tend to confuse people when i do that, except the people who know me or those who also take the time to figure it out. since i dont know Heimdallr, i was more surprised that he understood without knowing me and also had the courage to say it. you and MV decided to jump on me and attack my character and call me names and not even bother to ask, what did you mean by what you said or please explain your point of view. and all over a fictional satirical story? i apologize if you or anyone else didnt understand but there is no need to attack me for your incomprehension.

everyone has an opinion and are entitled to them, not everyone is open to taking the time to understand someone else's opinion. which is why what MV said is perfectly stated.

lol, it was not my intent to call you anything.I just thought it extremely amusing and ironic that you didnt make that possible connection as well ( as opposed to immediately tagging your neighbor as the "perfect angel"). Apologies as there was no offence intended. Just laughing at human nature in general

Kay....So I talked to the Father-in-law last night - and he basically echoed what's been offered in this discussion

Yes it is illegal to use soap when washing your car - and what he explained was actually quite interesting, has nothing to do with the validity of biofriendly soaps - it is an enforcement issue, a by-law officer has no means to either prove or disprove, a persons claim that the soap they are using is actually biodegradable or not. thus all soaps are banned for ease of enforcement - sooooooooo ahhhhhhhh, basically the city has decided your all, we some of you anyway (citizens I mean) a bunch of untrustworthy fibbbers LOL

In terms of where the storm water goes, well there was no "one" answer - all kinds of ponds and overflows or spots that go directly into the river depending on where you are in the city and what type of structures, operations or whatever situation that may impact water is in the area is going on - essentially Calgary does their best to respond with a design best suited to the scenario at hand.

BTW - Sorry Weedy didn't mean to poop in your potato patch LOL

I like to skip all the convoluted routes to our drainages and wash my truck directly in our river systems by driving through them really fast, 'specially in the gravel bottomed shallower bits in the spring and fall. No need for soap at all cuz I'm hitting the water at about 80km so that creates more than enough pressure to get all the mud and grime off.

Chicks really dig it too. :whoot:

i much prefer the 2 stroke dirt bike going up and down the stream 50x then stalling in a deep spot, then waiting for your buddys to come along and help you push and drag it out. why bother with using a car wash at all??? you could just use the boat launch at graves bridge.

so to sum up

1. FFC is rife with sarcasm.

2. don't wash truck in driveway

3. do park infront of neighbours flower beds just because it is fun.

am I missing any thing.

oh and Lady strange is not a bitch unless of course you refer to her as such.

i much prefer the 2 stroke dirt bike going up and down the stream 50x then stalling in a deep spot, then waiting for your buddys to come along and help you push and drag it out. why bother with using a car wash at all??? you could just use the boat launch at graves bridge.

lol, reminds of a day trip to the Liv a few years back. Started out at the campsite and made my way downstream . I came across a woman standing in the middle of a fast set of riffles hanging onto a small ATV that was "stuck" in the middle of the river. Apparently Junior decided to be just like dad and drive his pollution machine right through the middle of the river and got stuck. Part of me wanted to just walk by and wave but she was obviously freezing her butt off ( standing waist deep in the middle of the Liv in a pair of shorts and a tank top ) and i didnt want to see that pice of junk go tumbling down the river with her still hanging on. Pulled the dam thing out just as dad came rolling over the hill (beer in hand) in his full size ATV. They both yelled at junior ( not for running across a river but for doing it and getting stuck) without a single word of thx to me. Man i love redneck entertainment.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

"so to sum up

1. FFC is rife with sarcasm.

2. don't wash truck in driveway

3. do park infront of neighbours flower beds just because it is fun.

am I missing any thing.

oh and Lady strange is not a bitch unless of course you refer to her as such."

thank you my darlings :wub: but you may only park in front of your nieghbours flowerbeds IF they are being raving lunitics :wacko: and uttering threats. only then does it become fun

and Yak, i did notice, just chose not to acknowledge

LOL, you didnt disappoint and acted exactly as expected(even though my apology was sincere and I hoped for better. c'est la vie) .

Obviously I was out of line for not agreeing with how you handled your neighbor ( going out of your way to piss her off with your second vehicle). I have seen the light and now realize that you handled it like a mature adult and have every right to lecture others on being "that guy" .

So what, now you are trolling for responses from me??? i wonder if either you or MV had noticed that I did not report either one of you for being disrespectful, name calling and the usage of slurs against me?

lol, it was not my intent to call you anything.I just thought it extremely amusing and ironic that you didnt make that possible connection as well ( as opposed to immediately tagging your neighbor as the "perfect angel"). Apologies as there was no offence intended. Just laughing at human nature in general

the 'i did notice' was in reference to the perfect angel and not making the connection. i did make the connection and chose not to comment on MV's comments.

i didnt take your flippant apology as sincere, which is why i didnt comment on that either.

i never said that parking beside the neighbours house, on a public road, next to city property easement access, because there is no other place to park on the street due to lack of parking caused by poor city and developer planning was mature or not. Only simply that i do not respond to raving luntics who threaten me or bully me in to being intimidated so they can get what they want. it wont happen and i made my point with her that she couldnt push me around. However, i fail to see how standing up for yourself is immature. once she backed off and stopped calling bylaw every day to messure the distance from the T intersection to my bumper and the fire department for hazardous waste spills and stopped leaving threatening notes on my windshield, my neighbour's windshield and the guy down the street's windshield is when i backed off and when i could park else where i did.

i dont see where the joke was even remotely close to being a lecture and i've even made reference to me being that girl. so back to what i said before, get know me before you judge me.

i was thanking Teck and Pipestone for standing up for me in relation to the bitch comment. so please, i dont care if you agree or dont agree with me or anyone else, you dont have to be a jerk about it. perhaps you dont comprehend or maybe you do but you responses are so poorly worded that you keep coming off like you are trying to insult me. so let's leave it at that.

So what, now you are trolling for responses from me??? i wonder if either you or MV had noticed that I did not report either one of you for being disrespectful, name calling and the usage of slurs against me?

the 'i did notice' was in reference to the perfect angel and not making the connection. i did make the connection and chose not to comment on MV's comments.

i didnt take your flippant apology as sincere, which is why i didnt comment on that either.

i never said that parking beside the neighbours house, on a public road, next to city property easement access, because there is no other place to park on the street due to lack of parking caused by poor city and developer planning was mature or not. Only simply that i do not respond to raving luntics who threaten me or bully me in to being intimidated so they can get what they want. it wont happen and i made my point with her that she couldnt push me around. However, i fail to see how standing up for yourself is immature. once she backed off and stopped calling bylaw every day to messure the distance from the T intersection to my bumper and the fire department for hazardous waste spills and stopped leaving threatening notes on my windshield, my neighbour's windshield and the guy down the street's windshield is when i backed off and when i could park else where i did.

i dont see where the joke was even remotely close to being a lecture and i've even made reference to me being that girl. so back to what i said before, get know me before you judge me.

i was thanking Teck and Pipestone for standing up for me in relation to the bitch comment. so please, i dont care if you agree or dont agree with me or anyone else, you dont have to be a jerk about it. perhaps you dont comprehend or maybe you do but you responses are so poorly worded that you keep coming off like you are trying to insult me. so let's leave it at that.

The only thing i did was offer a possible explanantion as to your neighbors actions based on my own similiar experience. The only thing I called you is a perfect angel(you inferred the rest on your own) . I found it amusing that you could lecture someone on being a good neighbor and then in the same post go on to tell us all how you purposely went out of your way to piss off your own neighbor( I know, I know, she deserved all the petty behavior because she acted the same way). I was merely pointing out how funny human nature can be and had no intent to make personal attacks ( as i explained in my "flippant" apology)

After I tried to apologize , I went on to share a story in response to your dirt bike post (again hoping to let bygones be bygones). You were the one trolling for a reponse with your ending remark to me on your last post ("and yak, I did notice but chose not to acknowledge"). Again, IMO,sometimes the view from the high horse can obscure any self analysis .

If you feel the need to tell the teacher on me then have it at but perhaps before you do you should reread your own string of backhanded insults at members of this board ( "perhaps i need to dumb this down", "Im surpised it took so long for someone to clue in", etc).

ps. thx for your introspect on my wording and comprehension. As you would never insult anyone on this board ,I will take it as the constructive criticism Im sure it was meant to be .