Fly Fusion Forums

The National Parks Strike A Blow For Sanity

Folks,

In an interview today, a spokesperson for Banff national Park told the interviewer that booze will be banned from all public campgrounds in the park over the May long weekend. Persons who show up will be either turned away or they can dump the booze.

But, I'm not really pleased!!! Now the rowdies show up where I live but again they will be in for a surprise. Apparently 90 officers including SRD, RCMP + others will be attempting to keep the lid on.

As a side note, watched a lot of decent liquor hit the ground last year.

catch ya'

Don

i did not realize provincial parks had the same ban...goes to show how long it's been since i've been camping may long...too many snowstorms. although...that tends to keep the booze-fuelled sh*tstorms down to a dull roar...

maybe they'll head for bc?

I saw and interview on CTV, and they did not say they would be searching outright, but keep a close watch and have ZERO tolerance for it. I'm going to out to Banff, and I'm going early before the ban, cause I can what do I do with my glenfiddich and knob creek i did not finish? What i don't understand is are there not rules in place already to prevent this behavior? If so why the new rule is you cant enforce the old ones?

nick

As and edit Im not leaving till sometime after the ban, cant i store my beer till then?

Every year the fiasco at Maclean and Wiaprous on May long punishes those of us that 4x4 with a treadlightly attitude for the other 362 days a year. It freakin embarrasing to responsible Jeep owners

Liquor ban ???? I don't get that, everyone suffers for a few bad apples ???

My back yard is across the river from the campground and anyone camping who wants to come enjoy a cold beer in my back yard is completely welcome - free the people !!!!!

Every year the fiasco at Maclean and Wiaprous on May long punishes those of us that 4x4 with a treadlightly attitude for the other 362 days a year. It freakin embarrasing to responsible Jeep owners

Liquor ban ???? I don't get that, everyone suffers for a few bad apples ???

My back yard is across the river from the campground and anyone camping who wants to come enjoy a cold beer in my back yard is completely welcome - free the people !!!!!

Just go to a banff bar and get pickled and go back the campground and go hog wild. Go ahead search my trailer i got drunk in town.

Just go to a banff bar and get pickled and go back the campground and go hog wild. Go ahead search my trailer i got drunk in town.

Well done, you just owned up for drunk driving (unless I guess the campground is within stumbling distance):caffeetime:

Not sure I 100% agree with the ban but bad apples screw up everything. Imagine how simple our fishing regs would be without bad apples....

Well done, you just owned up for drunk driving (unless I guess the campground is within stumbling distance):caffeetime:

Not sure I 100% agree with the ban but bad apples screw up everything. Imagine how simple our fishing regs would be without bad apples....

we would have a designated driver, and tunnel mountain has FREE public transit.

The way I read it was that you couldn't drink in public in the campground. So if you have a trailer you could drink in that, just no beers around the fire. Also if you are in possesion of alcoholic beverages and you haven't opened them I can't see them banning that. That's my take I might be wrong, I've been known to be wrong before.