Fly Fusion Forums

Perch Imitation Flies

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Dennis59

Just to clairify I hope you mean a perch pattern this is 1, 2, and 3 inches long not a perch pattern to catch 1, 2, & 3inch perch. :laugh::devil:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

The best pattern that I use to imitate perch fry is made with DNA fibres. Really easy tie, white on top+light Yellow+ gray and then one more white on the bottowm. Just shape the back end and go get'em! Just make sure you use GOOP or similar to Flat Stack the materials one on top of the other and ecah slightly forward of the prior color. Pinch the fly around the hook shank to get the "head" shape e.g flatten the sides

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

they have a bunch in the fly bins down at whole sale. buy one, fix what you dnot like and repeat.

Guest Sundancefisher
Guest Sundancefisher

I am a bad fly tier at best...

Whatcha think of this monstrosity?

I used yellow and green maribou for the tail...the yellow really stands out in the photo. I used 1/3 yellow...1/3 lime green and 1/3 darker green crystal flash for the body on a size 4 streamer hook. Put a bit of red crystal flash for the gills and some flashy yellow chenile for the body wrap.

If it does not work...at least the fish will be impressed with the flashiness.

post-1649-1273113964.jpg

your first, second and last ones are easy ties and will work... I recommend having eyes...use stick-ons and use epoxy to fasten them on as well as to cover the outside of them so they will last a lot longer.

Guest Sundancefisher

drat...tied two...lost them both to monster trout. Unbelievably hard strikes. One right beside the boat. For a second there I thought one may have been from a loon but there were large trout around and I caught 2 beauties. Now to tie more tonight. I am thinking any streamer would probably work...but these are so pretty and shiny...gotta try again :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

IMG00075-20100819-2044.jpg

I've been using this for walleye. It'a a modded Whitlock floating minnow, with sequin eyes threaded through. I found the googly eyes pop off to quick with fish, but I do like th way they rattle. Fished on a deep 8 full sink like a booby, but longer strips.

• 3 months later...

try perch fry that swim 'I like minnows with lead heads , thay swim forwords; maybe nice for

ice fishing .

#18 hook on 3 inch fryfly

flymart has some ideas

DO IT

ps. mine look great!

flyfishy wants to ice fish at the Lake.