Fly Fusion Forums

Your Largest Bow River Trout/char

Your largest Bow River trout  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What is the largest Trout you have caught on the Bow?

• 30+
    • 29"
    • 28"
    • 27"
    • 26"
    • 25"
    • 24"
    • 23"
    • 22"
    • 21"
    • 20"
    • 19" and under

rickr ...

The fish had scales. :P

In the space-time continuum its size would be affected by all that stuff Einstein said about relativity. And since this was so long back in time, and the light waves are still bouncing around the universe somewhere, after 16 years this trout is probably several feet long by now. Me? I got wider and shorter and grayer. ;)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the bull trout in the first pic in my pictures was 33 inches taped and can be verified by Joe (Jokey) probably formerly of this board but left due to all the BS from haters who can't handle the truth. :)

and if no one believes my tale, I'm fine with that. I'm secure enough in myself to not give a sh*t what anyone else has to think about what I do or say anymore. I saw it, and that's good enough for me. :)

Brian,

Like I said, "And I know Hawgstoppah's fish are for sure." Honkin' huge bulls.

WTF happened to Jokey? I sent him an email about 2 or 3 years ago and never heard back.

He he. I also remember the Photoshop hack job of one of your kid's faces I stuck on that bull trout picture. ;)

Clive

well the bull trout in the first pic in my pictures was 33 inches taped and can be verified by Joe (Jokey) probably formerly of this board but left due to all the BS from haters who can't handle the truth. :)

and if no one believes my tale, I'm fine with that. I'm secure enough in myself to not give a sh*t what anyone else has to think about what I do or say anymore. I saw it, and that's good enough for me. :)

If someone is gonna tell you they don't beleive you caught a fish as big as you say you did, just take it as a compliment. It means they have never seen anything close and therefore can't beleive it. If you said you caught a 33" fish and they had caught a 29" fish, it would be a whole lot more beleiveable. On the other hand, if you said you caught a 33" fish and their personal record is 22 1/2" well then it's gonna be hard for them to beleive you lol.

rickr ...

The fish had scales. :P

In the space-time continuum its size would be affected by all that stuff Einstein said about relativity. And since this was so long back in time, and the light waves are still bouncing around the universe somewhere, after 16 years this trout is probably several feet long by now. Me? I got wider and shorter and grayer. ;)

Hey Clive as to getting wider and shorter and grayer....... " Old trees grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder everyday."

32" or 34"

sounds like he didn't have a tape measure either...

rickr when it comes to claims fish of these proportions call me a denier unless you can verify it.

Why does he need to verify it to you? Or your comment about better having a picture, a tape measure and someone to verify it? Some of you take this so seriously it is a joke.

If someone says they caught a 32 inch trout then good on them. And whether they have a picture or a witness I really don't care, what others catch for fish doesn't concern me nor does it affect my fishing in any way.

Great pics guys!

Hey thanks riverview. Have you put the sheep on high ground for tonight's storm? :P

This whole thread is a wee bit spooky. Regarding that fish in the net picture. We had a rather decent day for late-ish October and I was reading a Patrick McManus book at the time, The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw.

I must have felt like a hot shot because I had a good afternoon...not many fish but they were mostly decent and FAT. I was reading that night and scribbled this (below) in the back of that book. (Why the heck I remember, I'll never know.) Here are those scribblings as written down that night. Was October 22, 1994. ;) And, yes, the word "taped" is as written 16 years ago. :)

Anyway, it was a great afternoon with John.

Sorry for the hijack. Let's see some more beeg fish.

fishrecord1994-0.jpg

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

Hey, I think I recognize Clive in that video, or at least his hat. :lol: Terry

Terry, there's no doubt about it....It's uncanny how much that character resembles Clive :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tough crowd.

I remember that day Terry. Was fun. But your have now bastardized the thread by showing a CNR trout. ;)

rickr ... " A true beast!" Apparently yer referring to what is between my legs? :P :P

Why does he need to verify it to you? Or your comment about better having a picture, a tape measure and someone to verify it? Some of you take this so seriously it is a joke.

If someone says they caught a 32 inch trout then good on them. And whether they have a picture or a witness I really don't care, what others catch for fish doesn't concern me nor does it affect my fishing in any way.

Great pics guys!

I don't take it at all seriously, hence my joking about it.

I am not the one bragging on the internet of Bow Browns over 30"...

The Cyber Brown, the species that attain this size that is so elusive that no one has photographed one, yet alone 9 of you claim to have caught the mythical creature?

I don't take it at all seriously, hence my joking about it.

I am not the one bragging on the internet of Bow Browns over 30"...

The Cyber Brown, the species that attain this size that is so elusive that no one has photographed one, yet alone 9 of you claim to have caught the mythical creature?

again, just cause you havn't seen anything close doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are a few pictures of 29" fish on this thread and if you're suggesting it's impossible (because no one has photographic evidence) to prove that a fish merely 1" bigger exists in the bow river then you are pretty nieve. And like you said, 9 people on this entire website have landed a 30"+ fish, and frankly I don't find it that surprising that noone has pictures. My biggest fish was a 24.5" brown trout, and I don't have a picture or any witnesses. Would you suggest that 24" brown trout don't exist in the bow either then? Scroll back a few pages and take a look at that 29" brown, you seriously think that fish looks like it's not gonna get any bigger? that fish looks pretty young to me and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that it is gonna grow at least another few inches before it's done growing.

Not sure , but I think the Ice Capades had a Bob the Builder show a few years back!!

Clive, can you skate?!

P

that's priceless hahaha. I wonder if bob the builder is planning a live action movie?

Where I grew up (Priddis) I would snare and shoot them in the prime months for extra money while I was in school. I would estimate that I have snared, shot, skinned and stretched in the neibhorhood of 500 coyotes over 5 or 6 years back then so ya I have a good idea of what I am talking about.

Seems alot of posts can come across as spurious.. As for the fish, whatever. I've seen no shortage of pics that I call BS on, but to be bothered wasting time on it, no thanks. As for someone that caught a brown or rainbow of whatever size, without a pic, that is what it is. A story for everyone else but the guy who caught it. The ones I see are the ones I believe. As for the dog skins, I have a friend who's family have a commercial fur shack not far from here. Should see what he gets in a year himself.. Personally, I find your numbers tough to believe, but whatever. Maybe you did..? I know guys that spend alot of time in the winter shooting coyotes and would be lucky to get 50 if they really tried hard. These guys are farmers and ranchers for the most part, let alone when in school all day 5 days a week. 5 or 6 years, means you'd have a license for 2 of those.. Alot of hard walking (or horse) miles in the winter I suppose. Myself, it's not worth the gas, the shells or the time to hunt the damn things, let alone skin them. But I guess they'd have been worth more in the 50's...

And was wondering where you disappeared to Clive...