Fly Fusion Forums

Clear Rubber Net - Frabill

The fly shop at High River (Fly's Etc.) now has these nets in stock. I have one and they work excellent on the Bow River for the Big Brown's. They are on the main street which I think is called Center Street.

These nets hold up much better than the cloth mesh and so far I've managed to fit a 23 1/2 inch brown in it with no problems at all. Here's a picture of the net in action:

March17103.jpg

Ask for Udo, and tell him I sent you his way.

John

The fly shop at High River (Fly's Etc.) now has these nets in stock. I have one and they work excellent on the Bow River for the Big Brown's. They are on the main street which I think is called Center Street.

These nets hold up much better than the cloth mesh and so far I've managed to fit a 23 1/2 inch brown in it with no problems at all. Here's a picture of the net in action:

March17103.jpg

Ask for Udo, and tell him I sent you his way.

John

Yeah. I love mine. So much that when I broke it 2weeks ago slipping on the Highwood I went out this weekend and bought another. Bass pro shop. Onsale right now for half price. $22. It was cheaper than the fiberglass repair kit I was going to buy to fix the old one. Way better price than the $150 - $200 for the Brodin Ghost nets or the Orvis ones.

Are you sayig the Bass Pro shop net is the same quality as the Brodin Ghost nets?

Yeah. I love mine. So much that when I broke it 2weeks ago slipping on the Highwood I went out this weekend and bought another. Bass pro shop. Onsale right now for half price. $22. It was cheaper than the fiberglass repair kit I was going to buy to fix the old one. Way better price than the $150 - $200 for the Brodin Ghost nets or the Orvis ones.

How was the fishing on the highwood....lol

Cool net.

Does Udo carry bamboo stuff at that shop?

When I was in getting my license for 2010 I noticed a bamboo rod on the rod display case. He also has rod building stuff and fly tying materials upstairs. It's a nice shop.

Wow, thats really cheap! But the gas money to get there to buy it for me would be the same cost that I paid from Udo. I too love these nets and you are correct, I also could not justify spending 200 dollars on a net...My wife would shoot me! :boomboom:

Save your gas money. I was seriously interested in the Frabil net, so much that I went to BassPro last night @ 9:30 to get one. After looking at it, its a $32 net ($22 is the americial price on line) with a clear rubber net tied to it. The net was heavy, and the mesh will break unless you modify with more rope to stop the "dental floss" that they have keeping the rubber mesh on from ripping tru the rubber. So its a $30 net, you get what you pay for. It is not a ghost net, and I personally am of the opinion to buy good gear, enjoy if forever, or buy cheep stuff, never be happy with it and have to replace it when it fails.

Just my personal opinion after inspecting the net yesterday.

Agreed with THEICEMAN, Iv'e been looking for a rubber net for a while now and at first when I saw the one at basspro It seemed like a killer deal. But I also looked at the brodin and fisknats and they look way nicer and have way better constuction. All it comes down to is how much are you going to be using it .

I saw this thread and thought I would let people know that we just got a shipment from Brodin with several of the ghost nets and the replacement bags. So for any of you who would like to replace your current net bag with the rubber then bring your net into the shop and see if one of the four sizes will work for your net. The bags range in size from the typical trout size all the way up to larger boat net sizes. The rubber nets are WAY better on the fish and WAY easier on the multi fly rigs as the hooks don't get snagged.

David

Fish Tales

I saw this thread and thought I would let people know that we just got a shipment from Brodin with several of the ghost nets and the replacement bags. So for any of you who would like to replace your current net bag with the rubber then bring your net into the shop and see if one of the four sizes will work for your net. The bags range in size from the typical trout size all the way up to larger boat net sizes. The rubber nets are WAY better on the fish and WAY easier on the multi fly rigs as the hooks don't get snagged.

David

Fish Tales

Thanks Dave...I went into Fishtales and picked a bag up for a cheap old net I had.....it is now reborn.

Are you sayig the Bass Pro shop net is the same quality as the Brodin Ghost nets?

Definitely not, but hey, for 20 bucks you can buy a lot of them for the same price as one brodin. Don't get me wrong I wanted to get the brodin ghost. But i saw the Frabil at Bass Pro and it's been pretty good and durable up until the point i landing on it when i fell. but hey, being over 300lbs i would have broken the brodin net just as easily and it would have cost more to replace.