Fly Fusion Forums

Cuba Flats Fishing Video

Hey everybody,

After being set up with the guides by the kind folks at Fish Tales, myself and two friends spent a week in Cayo Coco flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon, and whatever else swam around. It took me a while to take the time to put all my footage together, but I think the few little clips of fishing shows how amazing this place is.

Thanks for watching. Any youtubers feel free to comment or subscribe. More videos to come. If anyone has any questions about fishing cayo coco, just send me a PM, or better yet call Fish Tales. They can tell you everything.

Liam

I really like seeing the footage of the altenative species as well as the usual tarpon and bones. My daughter and I are planning to hit Cayo Coco for her high school grad present (no, I'm not telling you young guys the dates) and we want to catch some of those alternatives as well as the big 3. thanks for a nice video.

cool video, but if it actually took you an hour fourty to land that fish, you guys need to learn how to apply some pressure!!

haha i was waiting for someone to comment on that.. we were fighting it in whats known as the "tarpon hole" in water over 100ft deep... so most of the fight was up and down and the fish was basically just holding deep... which did nothing to tire him out. Very frustrating fight and much different than fighting a tarpon traditionally in 5-8ft of water.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! Flyslinger, its really a great place for all those species. The mutton snapper was a real treat, but on any given day you'll get multiple opportunities for triggerfish, bakita, cuda, etc... all of which fight great. I'm envious of you going down there. You and your daughter will have a great time.

Liam

Great video Liam.

Your lucky, tried a few times but haven't gotten anything but little snapper out of the Tarpon hole and only cast to 1 Tarpon down there but FTU. Maybe this year, 19 days and counting :)

Great job on the video.

Thanks for posting that. Wish I could go to Cuba. Stupid American rules.

This rule is what makes Cuba such a wonderful destination..

On a more serious note I know a few Americans that go to Cuba every year; they depart from Toronto. Never a problem.

Great video Liam.

Your lucky, tried a few times but haven't gotten anything but little snapper out of the Tarpon hole and only cast to 1 Tarpon down there but FTU. Maybe this year, 19 days and counting :)

Might as well be throwing gear if your fishing for tarpon at those depths. The best thing about tarpon are the way they eat the fly and go nuts in 2 feet of water.

Might as well be throwing gear if your fishing for tarpon at those depths. The best thing about tarpon are the way they eat the fly and go nuts in 2 feet of water.

Post some of your video of big Tarpon in 2' of water. Can't get too much of watching videos like this!

Post some of your video of big Tarpon in 2' of water. Can't get too much of watching videos like this!

Do yourself a very large favour and go buy any of the Chasing Silver dvds...probably the best tarpon fly-angler in the world in the best tarpon movie ever made.

http://www.howardfilms.com/chasingsilverTrailer2.html

http://www.howardfilms.com/chasingsilverTrailer4.html