Fly Fusion Forums

Leave Your Stuff In Your Car?

Never. I don't leave any thing stealable in my truck, hell i dont even lock my doors half the time. However I do wish someone would break in and burn my truck down so i can get a new one. I hate leases.

Agree with this one. As well I clean most of my gear after each outing making sure there is no dirt or other contaminates in my reel or on my rod.

I've had my truck broken into at least 8 times since I got it about 3 years ago, nothing of any value ever lost. I would never keep anything valuable in there other than fly boxes, wading boots and the pile of odds and ends that others keep leaving in there.

P.S.> Personally I'd like to know who would win a MILF contest, Chris or Dave's mom?

Been known to leave the stuff in the car overnight every now and then, mainly when just too tired to bring it inside the house after a fishing trip. Since I got my Z-Axis however, not a chance, that baby comes inside the house after every trip. I do keep hidden under the seat my back-up St Croix pack rod, you never know when she might get some action. So far been lucky, never had my vehicle broken into, knock on wood.

I leave my fishing gear and camping gear in my truck w/topper in underground "secure " parking. I have added 'Limo" dark tinting to the topper windows so you can't see in. I have put a "false floor" in the box that rests on top of the wheel wells and anything of value is under it, and is secure. I am hoping for the best and I am also putting my faith in to all mankind.

I leave my fishing gear and camping gear in my truck w/topper in underground "secure " parking. I have added 'Limo" dark tinting to the topper windows so you can't see in. I have put a "false floor" in the box that rests on top of the wheel wells and anything of value is under it, and is secure. I am hoping for the best and I am also putting my faith in to all mankind.

Good thing we're all a trustworthy bunch eh?! ;)

God help you two SJW and BBT if your mums ever read this board. I think that'd be funnier than anything that's gone on here so far. Oh wait. Maybe not :lol:

24/7 365, 4 -5 rods, waders, portable fly tying kit, boots, vest, ice auger in the winter, 2 gear bags... never mind the camping crap...

broke into once this summer, they only grabed the stereo, which cost around 50.00 and did a bunch of damage to the door and my dash. damn crack heads. didnt even bother with the stuff in the back. gotta love the hood.

i have really dark tinted windows, you cant see through them from the outside in.