Fly Fusion Forums

Heh Birchy

You poll about years FF is a mite outta whack. Some guys fish 2 days/year, some a tad more. Ran into the same problem when people told me that there wading boots lasted 10 years but they fish 2>5 times/year.

The real question should have been how many days/year do you fish + how many years fished + where.

I generally run 110>130 days/year and been doing that for 30+ years. Before that maybe 50>70 days/year.

Also, going to the same place and doing the same thing doesn't broaden the experience level a lot. Did a rough count and I come up with about 70 streams/rivers or creeks + 30 ponds/lakes.

So your real question should have been of 3 parts:

1] How many years

2} How many days/year

3] How many flowing and stillwaters.

This many provide a whole lot more information.

catch ya'

Don

I think that was what I was trying to say in my response to the first topic. For me 6 yrs roughly 25>30 days per 2-4 still water the rest on the bow. So basically some guys pretty much get as many days as I have had total in one year. But this would be really tough to calculate someone start a spreadsheet :P

Ha ha. And then we'd have to ask each guy/gal to provide 4 references so we could rate his/he ability to actually catch fish. So we'd have:

Angler index = dpy X years X ability X "nice guy factor" - (minus) dork factor + "brings nice lunches" factor + "always drives factor"+ "ties flies for me" factor - "mooches flies" factor :lol::lol:

Seriously: Don does make a good point. But as Birchy said, it then gets complicated. Might as well go fishing instead. :)

Cheers!

Clive