Fly Fusion Forums

What Fly Shops Will Never Tell You

no, it just makes most of us Mr. NOT WHAT I HEARD...lol...great read.

Read the "ask the Pro's" area for a great read and to put it all in perspective.

"Once the bugs are on the water and the fish start rising, I will put away my nymphs until fall."

They forgot me!

Busted up 40sumpthing..

Retired 40sumpthing year old, soldiered for 24+yrs, busted up body, does not have a job, fishes 200+days a year, with mid range gear, ties own flies, does not give a *hit what the rest of the fly fishing world does or says. Smells like wet dogs, wet waders. Loves wet waders, wet wading boots, wet dogs and cheap red wine, and the old girl that stuck with him..

I want to be a Busted up 40sumpthing..

but I will probably have to wait to be a Busted up 60sumpthing..

That Old Man Carey sounds like someone we have the pleasure of frequenting this forum, except he probably has 200 days/yr and a constant grip about Calgary, the Bow River and Urban dewellers. ;)

Too funny, thats a buddy of mine from the lower mainland. we worked in a shop together for a few years. Hes a hell of a fisherman and riot to hang around. I credit him for re-introduncing me to flyfishing at age 19 after a 5 year break, but more than that, opening my eyes to so much more of the sport that I never understood during my first go around when I was much younger.

He also has some great new videos on Youtube, check them out.

Spencer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_XG8fNGyw...feature=channel

OLD MAN CAREY. (Old male, 70-something) Claims that the “Red Carey” was his original fly. Smells like most of the neck hackle. Always asks to use the bathroom and stays for exactly 20 minutes. Has a Hardy reel that the whole shop drools over, and he insists on “split cane and silk lines.” ANNUAL FISHING DAYS = None

That Old Man Carey sounds like someone we have the pleasure of frequenting this forum, except he probably has 200 days/yr and a constant grip about Calgary, the Bow River and Urban dwellers.

Hey OLD MAN CAREY sounds kinda like me. Like cane rods, driving on the Deerfoot, decent Scotch, the scream of a Hardy and miss the smell of sewage [bow}. But I only fish 120 days/year. Thank God - I don't ice fish. Ice is for whiskey - poor whiskey.

catch ya'

Don