Fly Fusion Forums

New Pentax Optio Waterproof

Bandi

For all you fly-fishing and photography enthusiasts, Pentax announced its new waterproof model Optio W90 (successor of the great W80 model).

I think the led lights are a nice touch for us macro photographers...

DPR - Pentax Optio w90

From DPR:

"Pentax has released the Optio W90 rugged compact sporting a tougher body than its predecessor, the W80. It is designed to be dustproof, waterproof up to 6 meters, coldproof down to -10°C (14°F) and shock-resistant for drops of up to 1.2 meters. An interesting Digital Microscope mode claims to deliver magnified images of tiny objects aided by three LED lights in front of the lens barrel. The camera features a 12MP sensor, 28-140mm equivalent lens, 2.7" LCD and includes HD video recording and pet detection that apparently 'makes it simple and effortless to capture the delightful faces of active pets.'"

When you got one, post some photos here.

London drugs has the ws80 on for $190

From www.product-reviews.net

"The W90 is expected to be released in April and will cost about $330."

It's about the same price they were selling the W60 when I bought it... though I doubt it will be $330 equivalent in euro.

We shall see what reviews say about quality of image and usefulness of new features... until then that W80 offer is pretty good. ;)