Fly Fusion Forums

Camera Question

Looking at a new camera soon and I see a lot of you have an underwater type. Looking at a Pentax Optio w80 and looking for some opinion from those that own it.

Seems it is loaded with features but the quality of pics is only rated good............. this is with my limited research.

Thoughts............................

thanks

Walker,

After meeting Jayhad today, I gotta say that the Pentax may add a few pounds to each subject. He's a bit smaller than his pictures suggest. But now that I think about it, that is probably the greatest quality a fishing camera can have-making it's subjects look bigger.

I've got one, & have had it for I think maybe 3 years or so and have not had one issue, it always there, always works, gotten it wet & works fine. I havent taken a picture under water yet, but will someday, not worried about it just never seem to do it.I think the newer version has more Pixels now, mine only has only 3.2 & for me it, that isnt a big deal. One thing get rechargable batteries, much more convenient.

Looking at a new camera soon and I see a lot of you have an underwater type. Looking at a Pentax Optio w80 and looking for some opinion from those that own it.

Seems it is loaded with features but the quality of pics is only rated good............. this is with my limited research.

Thoughts............................

thanks

here we go again!! This topic has been covered many times. I have an old Pentax Optio and the new one is much improved. my old one takes great pix.

Here's a link with more info

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

shoots hidef video and it looks GREAT on the computer. Get a life jacket for it because it is NOT neutral or buoyant.

I used to use a great Kodac that stitched 3 pictures (horizontally) together and when that camera died (it went for a swim) i thought i would not find another that did this but W80 does and aswell as stitches two vertical pics.

in short, i LOVE this camera....but no camera will ever replace my original camera the Pentax K1000

here we go again!! This topic has been covered many times. I have an old Pentax Optio and the new one is much improved. my old one takes great pix.

Here's a link with more info

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

Just to fast forward, if you want to skip gory details, here is the concluding page of dpreview's waterproof cameras:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterp...roup/page17.asp

Based on their recommendations:

#1) Tie - Canon PowerShot D10 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1

#2) Pentax Optio W60 (this is interesting, it scored higher than the w80)

I have the Pentax Optio w10 and have been very happy, though its several generations old.

Smitty