Fly Fusion Forums

Under Water Camera

Merry xmas all!

Got a new underwater camera for xmas. Lumix TS1

Thought I'd post an option for a different brand of camera.

I have had the Optio w20 for the past 4 years & previous to that the Canon {film style}

They both were simple to use but never really clear crisp quality. the under water feature i felt was pretty much useless unless you were under 3ft away depending on clarity of water & light.

Seems like the optio should have had a stronger flash perhaps. Sorry camera guy's my experience doesn't go any farther than point & shoot.

Anyhow I thought I'd point out a new guy to consider. A Lumix {Panasonic} TS1. It has a Ziess lens so that probably good. A wider angle lense than others. Records in HD.

Seems to have a massive range of options { I'm on pg 40 of about 160 in the manual, so still learning.} Face recognition ,Intelligent auto Blah Blah Blah...

I was salt water fishing a couple of weeks ago with a friend and he had a non water proof Lumix and his picture quality was amazing.

I was wanting an upgrade for awhile now, Nothing was really that improved in the basic line up to me. Considered the Canon but it's features & pic quality didn't even compare to the Lumix, also they made it quite large for some reason?

Any how I'm not a dealer, don't sell them in my store, just passing on some friendly info.

If any one else has one maybe they can give me few pointers... one to check out if your in the market , reviews on the net sure help.

Tx Dave

Santa brought me a Pentax W80 rugged - can't wait to try it out

Anyone else use one of these, R U happy with it ?

Yeah dude, got for for x-mas as well. Takes decent photo's, cant tell much difference between the w60 that previously crapped out on me...

Got some cool video yesterday skiing Fernie with it taped to my helmet!

Santa brought me a Pentax W80 rugged - can't wait to try it out

Anyone else use one of these, R U happy with it ?

Christmas as well, and I know a few others that got it, it's deadly the underwater video is going to blow your mind. I tried it out on the 26 and 26 with some good video clips. I think i will just shoot video as you can just pull the frames from the video later. The batteries burn up pretty quick in the cold, so I am going to buy some off of ebay this week $15 can for 2 batteries, you can't go wrong.

Couldn't wait for spring so after leaving work yesterday I took a 10 second video of a small mechanical shark swimming around in our hot tub - from the full width of the tub inside, about 7 feet, you could see enough detail for a decent image despite it being overcast and snowing with low late afternoon flat light.

Jayhad - I kinda have the same idea - I usually fish alone, I have a program called VLT which has a great "snapshot out of video" feature - I am hoping this allows me to share and document some of the fish I catch without having to take em out of the water - seems like it has a real potential as a way of creating a momento while minimzing impact of the fish themselves - not to mention some of the underwater video posted here is just plain amazing. - thanks for the tip on the batteries, I'll pick a couple up (no AA or AAA is the only feature I would change)