Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Gold

Hello fellow fly fishing friends,

I love the Bow, for the most part it is my favorite river. To have such a perfect section of river running right through the city center is a blessing and a curse.

Bow River Gold was filmed in late summer as the first of the browns move into the city section to feed up for the spawn, this is my favorite time to catch those big transitional browns. They are colorful and heavy, and they usually have the feedbag on for the better part of the day. There is such a small window to target these fish and they sit in these area's for only a short time before continuing on up.

On this day, the only way to get them was to get a nymph down near the bottom fast using lots of weight. I've heard it refered to as "Bunker bombing". I call this particular hole the coffin slot, but some may also know it as the hog trough. A 3ft by 6ft section of water that has the tendency to hold very large fish all year round. Jayhad (from the board), joined me as we enjoyed a perfect bow river float. A little of everything, finished off with a monster Brown. Hope you enjoy the latest addition to the humblefisherman series.

Remeber to click the HD button to have the best viewing experience.

Bow River Gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nExOdrcnttI

the rest of the series can be found at

http://www.youtube.com/humblefisherman

Thanks for watching everyone! more to come!

The Humblefisherman

BAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Nice vid!! love how the music changes right as you hook up to a fish in the beginning, just like the old nintemdo fishing video games. Way to perv on the women as well.... you ask the group of 3 what they were doing? Oh yeah the fish were pretty nice to.......

ya my net work sucked .... thanks for the great day Jay had a blast

I doubt I would of landed that beauty brown without your help Jay, it was a great day. Your positive attitude and insight is a great addition to the team. Looking forward to many more days on the water with you. Thanks for all the comments everyone! I fried my computer last week so it might be awhile before I post another vid. It's been a tough few weeks. Truck was stolen as was a bunch of gear. Got the truck back then I got in an accident. Looking forward to things getting better.