Fly Fusion Forums

Un- Modderated Thread?

Should we have an un-modderated thread?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have an un-modderated thread?

• Yes- I love watching/fanning the flame warz!
    • No - If you want flaming go BBQ a burger.

Stirring the pot again here <--poke--<

What are your feelings about allowing an un-modded thread (if thats even a possibility)?

I've seen more than one good topic get off track in a flame war and be completely closed down when, I believe, there were still more voices wishing to participate.

I still believe that there should be no foul language, nudity or spam but...in a non-policed thread...go ahead and call me names...shout your view in all your 2am drunken rage glory...let 'er fly!

Wadda ya think?

There is a saltwater board I go to from time to time down in Texas. The main site is pretty family oriented and not much is tolerated. But they do have an un-moderated, or at least very lightly moderated section. It's a separate sign up and I'm not sure what the rules are, but my bet is it gets pretty nasty. Never signed up for it so I don't really know what it is like, but I'd imagine it could work here. My only concern would be bad feelings that could be generated on that area could spill over. I would hope that anyone who has thick enough skin to post on an unmoderated board would be able to not take anything there personal. Pythagoras, you seem to have the right attitude for it. Those who don't would become evident pretty quick!

Edit:

Nice poll. Stupid moderators!!

Not very often I get angry on this forum but the falsifying of the poll results with 3000 no votes has irked me.

How will the active users here ever know if their poll results are tainted? How will we know if the results of this poll are a correct sampling of the members or the whim of some full of himself #%*&@?

Tell me where in the rules of this board that it allows a Mod to skew poll results?

Does the offender have the marbles to take credit?

Nice to know the mods can sway the vote anyway they like....chalk one up for moderation.

Whats the fear? That your point of view is not the same as others? So, your vote should count 3000x?

Sad.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would have been proud of their original actions but obviously they caved in to the pressure from the masses and put the poll back to where it should be.

Democracy prevails!

Don't take much to get people mad around here. I thought it was funny.

And since the total number of votes was still there along with the number of yes votes, it didn't take an advanced math degree to figure out the actual votes.

Good lord.

Not very often I get angry on this forum but the falsifying of the poll results with 3000 no votes has irked me.

How will the active users here ever know if their poll results are tainted? How will we know if the results of this poll are a correct sampling of the members or the whim of some full of himself #%*&@?

Tell me where in the rules of this board that it allows a Mod to skew poll results?

Does the offender have the marbles to take credit?

It was a joke!!!!!! I did a Mod edit on a thread about un-modded thread hahahaha anyway I did return it back to normal before the flaming started.

I look foward to participating in the thread that eventually ends with everyone criticizing everyone else's spelling and grammar.

Funniest post in a while and also you misspelled forward and else s. woohoooooo it's only Nov.

*hit you want an unmoderated flame war made a post on the Drake board

if you are a noob poster on that board it's hardly a war. more of a search & destroy.

actually i agree in principle that a noob does not have the same voice as a long time member on a message board.

oh and flamers are ok in my books. i'm all for equality. :boomboom:

I think a battle royal in the parking lot at the fly fishing show would be nice. BBT is on my team though.

Dave, could I please be on your team and we can then organize a 6 man Steel Cage Match (btw wouldn't it be better if we held it at the ffc booth?)