Fly Fusion Forums

Steady Eddie Wins Approval Of Party

Guest Sundancefisher

Yup...seems like the term "smart politician" is an oxymoron in Calgary and Alberta these days. If the opposition was at all smart...they would be laughing.

The most hilarious thing is that Albertans will still vote PC or WR (The party full of a bunch of PC defects).

Unreal.

Been that way since the 20's Hoss, new ruling parties recreate themselves from the old and come from the pro-business side of the spectrum, ain't gonna change soon so if you can't stand Alberta style politics best return whence you came.

Guest Sundancefisher
Laughing to themselves they definately are..

LOL...I just finished watching a Star Wars rerun...I pictured Yoda saying the exact same thing. Funny how Stelmach kinda looks like Yoda...hmmm...you don't think...

Ah gee...

The Conservative need Stelmach for at least another election. They need a fall guy like Getty before him and Strom for the SC's prior to that. Then they can remake the party like a snake shedding it's skin, a white knight will arrive from Calgary and the whining from the south will rapidly die away. After all, Calgary believes that it is their God Given Right to anoint Government Leaders.

If Stelmach has got 50% - another leadership campaign would be underway with the Wildrose breathing down their necks - not good

If Stelmach had got 90+% - the Wildrose would've been seen as a non-issue. Can't have that with all the sucking the Wildrose is doing on the Oil Companies

So - the Conservatives did exactly the right thing.

Come on - you can't make me believe that Honest/Steady Eddy ain't a fair trade for Ralph.

regards,

Don

When you are at the trough why would you step out of line ?

Support for 'Old Topsoil' should come as no surprise. Wild

Rose's Danielle Smith campaign included "changes to oil royalties that

she said have sent investment dollars elsewhere". Same old same old.

That should warm the cockles of everyone's heart. It's pouring outside

and we should revisit royalties charged to oil companies. Maybe we should

not charge anything to really spur on investment. Wasn't it a media savey person

that got us to this point in the first place ? What I think is really sad is that

there is no servant visionary in any party in this province

that will risk moving the province out of the rut of our oil addicted

economy. I guess we have to hit the wall first. Will the last one leaving

please turn out the lights.